League Judgment - Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amaroq Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2011

I was reading this thread, and out of curiosity, I decided to check out the League Judgments for Shaco. I was disappointed that there were no official ones, but I also didn't like the two fan-judgments that were linked, because I don't think they were fitting for Shaco.

So, I set out to create a League Judgment for Shaco myself. I'm not sure if it's the way a League Judgment should go, but I think that it fits the essence of Shaco well.

----------

Observation

The room was big. And empty. It consisted of a giant set of ominous, looming double doors, and not much else. Shaco watched from the safety of the shadows in complete silence, his menacing grin hidden in the darkness. When it seemed like nothing was happening, he stepped out into the light at last, looking up to read the text above the doors. "The truest opponent lies within."

"Haa!" He dismissed it with a laugh.

As the doors creaked open, a light gradually grew between them from the crack, until it was all Shaco could see. But the jester just stood there, giggling to himself, hands drifting to his daggers.

Revelation

When he could see again, he was in darkness once more. There was a man standing in a circle of light. The light appeared to be emitted from above, like a spotlight. His back was to Shaco. This was an opportunity he could not pass up.

His hands still on his daggers, he drew them and silently began to tiptoe towards the man.

The jester snickered to himself as he reached forward with a dagger, underhanded, inching it towards the man's kidney. He giggled, imagining how funny it was going to be. But then he lunged his arm forward, and his hand hit up against the man. His dagger was missing.

The man turned around and faced him. Suddenly, a light shined from above; a spotlight illuminating the jester just like it had been illuminating the man. Shaco's wrists felt like there was something heavy on them. He looked down to find that his wrists were shackled, with chains leading from the shackles to bolts in the floor. Not only was the opportunity ruined, but he was trapped. He could not get away. He felt vulnerable, standing there, completely visible, in this light, with no route of escape. Especially with the embarrassment of failing to kill the man.

"How does it feel to be exposed?" The man smirked and spoke to him.

There was a pause, a moment of silence, and then, "PFFAAAHAAHAAA. WHOOOHOOHOOO!" Shaco burst out laughing. The man frowned.

"So, Summoner," The jester taunted him after he'd finally finished laughing. "You can see right through me, can you? But you've been quite revealing too, haven't you?"

"What do you mean?" The man questioned.

"Let me paint you a picture." The jester stepped forward, the chains of the shackles rattling. He stepped to the man's side, turned to face the same direction the man was, and wrapped one arm around the man's shoulders. He waved the other out in front of them, gesturing to the darkness, but ignoring it. "Imagine you're a powerful mage. You're sitting in some bushes and some poor schmuck comes along. He's standing there, none the wiser. He doesn't know what's coming, but you do! You wave your hand, and suddenly," Shaco throws both arms outward. "He explodes! With a splat! Chunks flying everywhere!" The jester bursts out in laughter again. "WHOOOHOOHOO! HAAAHAHAAAAHAHAAAAAAAAAH! It's hilarious isn't it!"

He turns his head and gives a casual, but grinning glance to the man, wrapping his arm around the man's shoulders again. The man looks stern for a few seconds, but an uncontrolled smirk lifts one of the corners of his mouth.

"See! It is funny isn't it!"

The summoner allowed a chuckle to escape at last. "Yeah, it is."

"But that would mean you delight in murder, wouldn't it? Hmmmmm?" Shaco quizzed the man.

The man's smirk faded.

"How does it feel" Shaco leaned close, speaking in a low, dangerous voice in the man's ear, "To be exposed?"

There was an eery silence for a monent, before the judge spoke. "How..."

"It's easy." The jester giggled, jovial again. "You can see right through me. And the worst thing you could do to me was give me stage fright? WHOOHOOHOO!" He laughed. "You know what I do. You know why I do it. You didn't bring it out because you'd be bringing something out about you, too!" Shaco grinned. He turned to face the man, clapping his hands onto the man's shoulders.

"Why do you want to join the League, Shaco." The man asked, grimly, his own hands remaining at his sides.

"Oh, but you know why." The jester grinned wider. "There's nothing funnier than ruining someone's day in the most ironic way possible. Especially when they try to get you back for it, and it's all for nothing because you get away!" He cackled, leaning closer to the man, his voice becoming low, dark... alluring. "You understand, don't you. You can't say that you would enjoy it, because you're so worried about what other people will think of you. But it's true, isn't it? You don't just see through me, Summoner. I see through you too. If we're in this together, let's be completely honest with each other. You'd like it, wouldn't you?" His eyes narrowed. The grin remained.

The man was silent for a while, before he smirked. "Yes."

"Then try it on for size, Summoner. Summon me to the so-called 'Fields of Justice', and we can have a blast together, you and I."

The man simply smirked, and the two looked to each other... as partners would.

The man closed his eyes. The cuffs and chains disappeared, the spotlight was gone. Shaco was in a normal room now, and the man who he'd been talking to was now wearing robes. The smirk still on the man's face as he spoke quietly. "Welcome to the League of Legends."

larkhill

06-09-2011

i must say, that was quite a good read. ive always liked judgements where the summoners look a little less than perfect. i think riot has put the summoners powers on too high a pedestal and its about time they knock it down a few pegs

Ruigo Pan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2011

That was actually quite good. Just shows that the Summoners are still people prone to human things. I really think it's just due to League regulations that they're so prim and proper. Not to mention that most Summoners have probably been through the Rune Wars. 20 years isn't enough to extinguish the thought of a world gone awry, so they try to keep up an image of being the saviors of the world.

Amaroq Wolf

06-09-2011

The reason I did it this way wasn't necessarily to show a weakness in the summoner. That was a secondary detail in my eyes. My primary goal was to show what I think Shaco is like, from my experiences playing as him. It really -is- funny as hell when an almost-dead enemy Champion retreats into the fog of war just as you throw a shiv, and without a sound effect or sight, you get the message that you've slain an enemy. Or when the enemy team's squishy ventures off, all alone and unsuspecting, and you come up behind them and three-shot them in the back. Or when you single-handedly win the game for your team by backdooring and the enemy team rages at you! I was playing to that experience as what I think Shaco's motivation is. And I was assuming that that's what the lore means when it says that Shaco represents something dark in humanity. (Not that I think it's dark to find that kind of thing hilarious. But I think it's what fits Shaco's theme.)

I also don't think anything could -truly- traumatize the Evil Jester, so I didn't think the usual traumatic experience from the hero's childhood could possibly be fitting for Shaco. So I came up with the only traumatic experience I can think of as a Shaco player: Being revealed with no escape. Notice that at the beginning, he eyed the room from the safety of the shadows. And that once he was chained down in the light, he felt vulnerable.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

06-12-2011

Added to the archives

Amaroq Wolf

06-13-2011

Thank you~

Sylph

Emissary of the League

06-13-2011

you are most welcome.

CARDBOARDWARRIOR

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaroq Wolf View Post
It really -is- funny as hell when an almost-dead enemy Champion retreats into the fog of war just as you throw a shiv, and without a sound effect or sight, you get the message that you've slain an enemy. Or when the enemy team's squishy ventures off, all alone and unsuspecting, and you come up behind them and three-shot them in the back. Or when you single-handedly win the game for your team by backdooring and the enemy team rages at you!
Shaco is an even bigger troll then Trundle.

Amaroq Wolf

06-13-2011

I think that's why I love him so much.

BestScytherNA

06-15-2011

Not bad at all. I can picture Shaco's voice saying that stuff and it feels in character, which is much, much more than I can say for some judgments.

Well done, sir. Well done indeed.