My Ranked Solo Queue Saga (I need help)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2011

Er...why did you have to look up a Xin guide on Mobafire during your game...?

And btw, that Xin build is pretty atrocious.

Myslead

06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhunter1053 View Post
Real quick questions: beyond the akali and vayne that you've been playing, who else would you call yourself good with? What other roles? And what would you say are your strengths in LoL? (for example I'm good at reading the flow of a match/reading the map/team-fighting)
I've found myself doing well in AD Carry role like Caitlyn, Vayne, Corki or anyone who has a gap closer like Xin, Irelia etc... I'm a decent support too. And as for my strengths, I'd say I have good map awareness and can control team fights fairly enough. Although, I may play too aggressive from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboRal View Post
Er...why did you have to look up a Xin guide on Mobafire during your game...?

And btw, that Xin build is pretty atrocious.
It was before the game, I was checking for runes. and how do you build your Xin ? straight dps ?

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2011

Triforce and Warmogs don't synergize with Xin in the slightest. And those two were the most expensive part of your built.

Also, Warmogs are only good on champions that have innate benefits from HP. Xin has nothing that goes off of HP. Warmogs is the worst legendary defensive item in the game.

Myslead

06-08-2011

I was planning to get Atma after, but the game ended.

I usually go Frozen Mallet, Black Clever and BV

but since the game was doing pretty well, I tried an alternative build with the proc of Triforce and the HP/AD from Warmog and Atma. I got the Warmog way late though, I don't think I even got a charge on it...

Myslead

06-08-2011

Game #7 (Caitlyn / Victory / now -11)
http://i.imgur.com/dUhIp.jpg

Queued with my 1400 buddy, Shenanigan5 as Malzahar... we dominated the game. except maybe for our Swain.

Myslead

06-08-2011

Game #8 (Karthus / Victory / 63W-73L / 1056 +15)
http://i.imgur.com/0Wkpn.jpg

Duo queued with my buddy again and fairly dominated the game again... am I on the road to redemption?

Gunflame

06-09-2011

Well to be fair on Myslead... He does better than those 1000 elo players... but he is definetly far away from his supposed 1500-1600. I assume he should be able to get to 1200-1300 again without issues, and if he works on his game he can probably go much higher:

Some observations abouut Myslead:
+++
- Decent warding.
- Good commitment/retreat skills on teamfights
- Good targetting skills.
- Good spell sinergy with the team (perma-stuns and AoE damage at the right time).

- - - - -
- Needs more offensive warding (enemy jungle)
- Testing build in ranked = big nono... you can apply small changes not a full test.

I'll give him some props as well for surviving lane without any real incidents. I didn't watch most of it because I had to deal with a very bursty Akali on top lane...

On a side note... except for a horrible start on our Nunu... the team did their job. Blitz landed some grabs, caitlyn farmed mid and kill him once or twice without dying, and even later in the game nunu played catch up doing some Ultis in teamfights. There was some small raging on Nunu early game, specially by Blitz, but nothing overly offensive, which allowed us to play as a team later.

Myslead

06-09-2011

Thanks for the kind words ! I realize that saying that my deserved bracket was in the 1500 was probably obnoxious at first glance, let's just rephrase that into that I want to go there. I don't have illusions of grandeur, I'm no Hotshotgg, Chu etc... I know that I can be a decent player and I want to get there, but I guess that after seeing the amount of games some of you played, I might still be a far cry away. Although I know for a fact that I am no 1000 elo player, which also probably sound obnoxious, but I can back it up

Oh and about our game, Blitz was reaaaaaaally pessimist early game when Nunu was failing, I mean, I was QQing myself, but not as much as saying that we would lose the game after 5m because our Nunu had a horrible start. He did although pull it together mid/late game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
Testing build in ranked = big nono... you can apply small changes not a full test
And to be fair, I wasn't exactly testing it. I used the build before, just not my go-to build with Xin. I just went Triforce route instead of Frozen Mallet one because we literally had infinite slow with Nunu and you in teamfights. Triforce gave me extra burst as I initiated with my charge and I could make it proc again as I activated my Q after my R, also I went for Warmog + Atma synergy since I didn't go Frozen Mallet and felt like more hp could have save me from a couple of deaths and could basically buy the Warmog in its entirety in one shop trip, I decided why not.

You also did very well as Chogath, I was actually impressed. And to be honest, I don't think I would have done as well in this game without another dominant player... at one point you became downright unkillable.

I will keep udating my thread as I progress, so if anyone wants to come with me on my journey out of ELO hell, send me a friend request whenever, duo queue seems to be the way to go so far, we just need to pick dominant heroes, as it's not always what I was doing when queueing with my buddy. Also I am open to any critism right here on the forum after, as it can become a pointer for anyone who also wants to get out of this ELO because I know that I'm not the only one stuck in there.

Vidu Got Em

06-09-2011

i suggest playing a jungler champ in low-mid elo because it fills a much needed role. personally i play xin alot( i am currently about 1425 elo) if you have 1 good solo laner then consta gank that lane and you and a carry and usually carry the game unless massive feeders ie 0/8/1 malz while i was 8/0/3 xin

Myslead

06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheONLY Vidu View Post
i suggest playing a jungler champ in low-mid elo because it fills a much needed role. personally i play xin alot( i am currently about 1425 elo) if you have 1 good solo laner then consta gank that lane and you and a carry and usually carry the game unless massive feeders ie 0/8/1 malz while i was 8/0/3 xin
Yes, I think I need to learn how to be an effective jungler / roamer / ganker. Any tips?

I mean, I know how to jungle, I can clear my jungle fairly quick etc..etc... I just don't feel as comfortable as laning when I am jungling. Also when I get counter jungle, I am never really sure what move is appropriate afterward.