My Ranked Solo Queue Saga (I need help)

12345612 ... 21
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myslead

06-08-2011

Game #4 (Vayne / Victory / now -14)
http://i.imgur.com/rz5Dk.jpg

Very very bad early game, Shen wanted to solo lane vs Mordekaiser and then gave top for free. We regrouped mid game and I was picking them off one by one in teamfights and that Veigar stun was just so useful. By the end of the game, it was just gg, I could 2 shot Fiddle and Ezreal.

godhunter1053

06-08-2011

If you're really looking for help, add me in game and we can play some time friday or sunday. I'm 1500-1600 solo que ELO range and have a pretty good idea of what it takes to win in solo que. At the very least I can tell you if you belong in that range =P

Myslead

06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrogencar View Post
Build Deathcap over Rageblade on Akali.
I agree, I shouldn't have picked Rageblade as I don't melee as much. And I knew it too, not sure why I bought it now that I think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhunter1053 View Post
If you're really looking for help, add me in game and we can play some time friday or sunday. I'm 1500-1600 solo que ELO range and have a pretty good idea of what it takes to win in solo que. At the very least I can tell you if you belong in that range =P
Cool, I'll add you.

Gunflame

06-08-2011

Like I said my chogath in top solo lane is really really good compared to other champs... I just grew bored of using him... But If I'm really desperate to win I'll boost it out. Also I have a very good Jungling Evelynn and a good Jungle renek and lane renek. Casters are my main form of carries (Brand, Ryze, Swain being my favs, they keep nerfing whoever I chose to main). Right now I'm trying to get good with Caitlyn to have a good DPS carry

It is my believe that if you were 1350 ELO before you should've been able to climb even higher if you were really that good. Still ADD ME and we can play a bit and check each other's skill level. If you are as high as you believe you are we will definetly win some games.

For future reference... as of today there are :
- 10955 players at 1500 or above.
- 124025 players at 1200 or above.

Consider than >1200 is about 25% of the player base (probably less), it means the following:
- 1500 Elo = top 2.3% of the players
- Out of 1000 players you will be 977 players. WOOT!!!

Assuming you only play with 1200 elo and higher oponents (which you do NOT). you would be better than 92% of the players.

Lets do some statistical analysis:
- There's a 35% chance that ONE ENEMY player is better than you... EVEN AT 1200 ELO!!!. yea, it doesn't seem right.
- There's a 28% chance than TWO ENEMY players are better than you
- There's a 22% chance that THREE ENEMY players are better than you
- There's a 15% chance that FOUR ENEMY players are better than you
- There's a 8% chance than all ENEMY players are better than you.

I could go on... an obviously this is a very very rough statistic (in reality we have to take the Elo curve, but I dont have neither the resources, not the time to make it out). Anyways... I think that you coming from HoN got you the wrong impression about your real skill level. From my experience the from 1000-1200 should be easy to get out if you are really good. From 1200-1350 you gotta be somewhat careful because some players know how to capitalize on mistakes of the enemy...

Above 1400 things are very different and making mistakes means that you will lose the game, people actually know how to play above 1350 and just being a good HoN player will not take you over 1400 elo. People know their champs quirks really well and no HoN experience will help you understand the width of Ashe's ultimate or the timing with jungle creeps in LOL

trevaboo

06-08-2011

The best thing you can do is too focus on your own personal game play.

-work on last hitting
-work on being a leader
-carry harder

Nylian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevaboo View Post
The best thing you can do is too focus on your own personal game play.

-work on last hitting
-work on being a leader
-carry harder
-duo queue

Duo queue increases your chances of winning by a huge margin. Carry a game hard and say you have no one to duo queue with. Add the person who did the best from the game and continue to duo queue it up. My ELO went from 1350 to 1000 in 7-8 straight losses. (6 of those games had 2+ leavers / afk'rs).

I am now slowly gaining it back via duo queue and strong solo champs.

Myslead

06-08-2011

Game #5 (Vayne / Victory / now -13)
http://i.imgur.com/Er4ee.jpg

Rough early game for my team, bot lane (GP and Rumble) kept feeding Cait and Tryndamere, but it was back and forth, but the enemy lane had an edge. Fiddle and I were doing okay, got a couple of ganks here and there, and we just snowballed to victory.

And thank you for all the advices. They say LoL's community is better than HoN one and I'm starting to believe it ahah.

Myslead

06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylian View Post
-duo queue

Duo queue increases your chances of winning by a huge margin. Carry a game hard and say you have no one to duo queue with. Add the person who did the best from the game and continue to duo queue it up. My ELO went from 1350 to 1000 in 7-8 straight losses. (6 of those games had 2+ leavers / afk'rs).

I am now slowly gaining it back via duo queue and strong solo champs.
yes, duo queueing, I duo queue from time to time with my 1400 friend, but the thing is, we always end up having to fill in the missing roles and then we dominate our lane and try to help out the ones failing, but we've come across alot of games that once mid/late game arrives, our team just crumbles and we can't carry hard enough.

godhunter1053

06-08-2011

Real quick questions: beyond the akali and vayne that you've been playing, who else would you call yourself good with? What other roles? And what would you say are your strengths in LoL? (for example I'm good at reading the flow of a match/reading the map/team-fighting)

Myslead

06-08-2011

Game #6 (Xin Zhao / Victory / now -12)
http://i.imgur.com/e82LK.jpg

Queued with Gunflame... had a tough early game, our Nunu died to blue and ended up being level 5 when everyone was 10. But Gunflame (Chogath) and me (Xin Zhao) had good early games with a couple of kills and everything snowballed from there, Chogath became unkillable as he pushed towers uncontested, and I killed everything in sight in team fights.

12345612 ... 21