Since Orianna patch: Odd sounds when engaging golems

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0shi

06-06-2011

As the title says. Everytime I fight a golem (the large golem which grants blue buff, the double mini golems on SR and the golem/lizard packs on TT) I heard an odd stuttering noise.

BelligerentSwan

Sr. Sound Designer

06-07-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shi View Post
As the title says. Everytime I fight a golem (the large golem which grants blue buff, the double mini golems on SR and the golem/lizard packs on TT) I heard an odd stuttering noise.
Hey 0shi,

Did you notice if this happens with any champion in particular? Or maybe one more often than others?

Ricuta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

I noticed this post in the redtracker and thought I'd say more. What he's like hearing is the "Laser Beam" that started happening after the new patch. The sound is very noticeable on the double golems with the visual effect of the stuttering not as apparent.

spielkind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

yeah same here, its the beam thing, mass golem attacksounds

Xlapus

06-07-2011

Ah well, just noticed this on the red tracker and was going to comment that it sounded like he was getting the glitch with rapid-fire animations/sounds for minion attacks.

DarcMatteh

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentSwan View Post
Hey 0shi,

Did you notice if this happens with any champion in particular? Or maybe one more often than others?
opps accidentally downvoted, meant to hit reply.

I have this as well, and it happens with all champions for me atleast. Both the rapidfire and the sounds. (sounds happen on normal minions too not just double golems)

0shi

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricuta View Post
What he's like hearing is the "Laser Beam" that started happening after the new patch. The sound is very noticeable on the double golems with the visual effect of the stuttering not as apparent.
I thought that might be the cause, yes, althought I only get laser beam visual effects from minions, not aural.
As to champions I experience it on, I don't recall any that I don't get it with. The frequency seems to be pretty close to 100% regardless of champion - It does occasionally not happen, but that seems rare.

getuj3

06-08-2011

this happened to me as well

BelligerentSwan

Sr. Sound Designer

06-08-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Thanks everyone! Great feedback. I will be looking into this further on our end.

Volney

06-08-2011

It's caused by v-sync being turned off...