Server Issues: Unknown Error and Unable to Connect to PVP.Net and Login Queue Enabled

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 24
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

06-02-2011
1 of 13 Riot Posts

Hello Summoners,

UPDATE: 9:42pm - The servers will be going down shortly. Our safe (long) estimate is 4 hours. Hopefully (it's likely) we can get them up before then. This downtime will include the fix to Ranked Games, so they will be available when the servers go back up. This will most likely be the last update I copy to this thread from Phreak's. Please view his thread here for more information: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=808551
9:28 PM Platform restart is required. No current ETA is available. Please view this thread for further updates: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=808551
9:22 PM Button is being pressed
8:42 PM Issue reported

Due to the influx of posts related to the server issue I'd just like to inform everyone that Riot is aware and working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Please refrain from making individual posts if you are experiencing these problems.

You may experience the following problems:
A large amount of "Unknown Error" messages
An "Unable to connect to PVP.Net" when attempting to login
The Login Queue is on so you will experience this when attempting to sign in
Patcher may read unavailable or busy.

Q:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xazntigerxz View Post
Will these error messages affect my computer at all or is it an issue with the game?
A:
It is just a problem with the game. There won't be any lasting damage to your machine. The warnings simply have to do with connection problems with the server. Sorry if they seem more menacing than this.

Note: As stated please visit Phreak's thread: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=808551 for future updates on this issue. I just wanted to get the information out as quickly as possible to help people realise this wasn't a computer/connection specific problem.

AllenTheGreat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-02-2011

Thanks for the Update. (Your #1 Wrenchmen Fan, no matter what Golin says)

Hoofster

06-02-2011

Thanks for the info, as long as you guys are aware I guess I'll browse forums while I wait for a fix.

Gøggles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2011

Nice, thanks for the update. I was wondering if there were support peeps out and about after office hours.

Exist

06-02-2011

Will we be forgiven to dodge a queue ranked we are in at this moment?

Im currently still in wait for other team to pick there champs. Thanks for the info

MetalGrunt

06-02-2011

Glad you make this post, the loads of posts about the server is a bit overwhelming.

seraphose

06-02-2011

Huzzah, I appreciate speedy acknowledgement of errors.

More updates as the come please.

Edit*

4 people posted in the time it took me to write that. haha.

k12nmonky

06-02-2011

sweeet

fragmare

06-02-2011

So Brentmeister, did the servers go down because I logged on after 2 months to play and it couldn't handle me? or was this just a coincidence.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

06-02-2011
2 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXiSt View Post
Will we be forgiven to dodge a queue ranked we are in at this moment?
The button has not been enabled yet. The game servers seem to be functioning properly. Definitely let me know if this is not the case.

1234511 ... 24