Urf Memorial Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

leashedfreak

Recruiter

04-02-2010

urf you were my freind but now youre not now, times have changed and i have moved on if you would even consider waddling back to me just forget about it! you broke my heart in two then sliced at it and diced at it i still remember that spactula going through me...the fish eating away at me but what saved me and attempted to slay you was a powerful warwick he was in and out so quick you you had too recall back and when we were freinds you treated me diguistingly now urf, im out to get you...

yours truly freakleashed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNKS621RI5g

JackeLookas

04-02-2010

-1 for that magnificent piece of art (in case someone did not understand - I did not type that 100% serious )? Seriously? [Yes, almost a repetition - sometimes that's on purpose, part of the style, get it?] At least I made an effort, did some research.

I understand someone does not appreciate this particular style, but to give it negative rating? I don't thumb down others just because something is not 100% my cup of tea. Meh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackeLookas View Post
My little poem, 'A River of Tears'

Can this truly be?!
Urf, the Manatee...
Has... has ceased to be!
No...! How can it be?!
Riot, SERIOUSLY!!!

Warwick, wretched wolf! You shall pay for Urf!
Accursed Blood Hunter! Now WE shall hunt for THEE!
„Well done, killing that stupid manatee”?!?!
I... I... I ‘respectfully’ DISAGREE!

Your doleful screams filled our hearts with misery.
Had you been a shark, and not a manatee...
Dang, this could have ended so much differently!
Poseidon’s Gaze did not show the Wolf to thee,
Or culinary mastery give victory,
‘Twas too late for Omnisplash - could not save thee...

Yet, ‘tis Warwick who shall rot in hell for eternity!
Go now, dutiful Guardian of the Serpentine River,
Down the Biggest Blue Watery Road one can ever see...
And, Urf, remember us. Just as we shall remember thee!

Ashot

04-02-2010

Rest in peace you son of a gun.

neopong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2010

Well I wanted to make a flash game out of this as I'm a coder, but alas I'm at work and don't have access to a good artist so I will post up my ubercool concept drawing of what the game would be like... drawn at work and picture taken with my phone so mind the quality but I think you can appreciate the idea.

I wanted to detail out the important tasks that Urf would take on as king of the manatees... so this game shows him making his people happy with all the tools available to him (fish, spatula and gattling gun).

The first scene shows a front view of him and you must rub his stomach as quickly as possible in a clockwise motion to induce fish vomitting. This goes on for about 5 seconds and his face gets a queezy look as you rub quicker.

It then breaks out to the second scene where a variable size fish (from small to super huge dependant on how good you did in scene 1) gets horked up from the depths of his belly and lands on his spatula.

At this point a power bar would extend from wimpy to captain insane-o power (back and forth) and it would tilt up and down on a trajectory axis. You then would click and the fish would launch based on angle and power over his minions of manatee followers. Urf immediately whips out his gynormous gattling gun and starts spraying the fish down in mid-flight (aim is controlled by the user). As he hits the fish, gibs of it are sprayed down from the heavens upon his follower sending them into a fish feeding frenzy.

The amount of fish giblets the fish can provide depends on the size of the fish and your points are based on the amount of giblets that are caught by his minions.

Once the fish lands all manatees express how happy they are by jumping around and singing some awesome Urf centric song that is yet to be written (but is in concept similair to the flash gordon song where the overly loud and prominent FLASH word is spouted off ... but instead it has URF!!! ahhhh, he'll feed every one of us!)

Anyhow hope you all like it.

RIP Urf! Your warmth and kindness will be missed.

Choncho

04-02-2010

We remember the days Urf swam in the water
But in his passing we shall not falter
We remember the days fighting side by side
We keep him in our minds
The young sea cow will live on
We fight with him still even now that he is gone

Urf the manatee has showed us a different way
Even now he is gone it will be okay
The wins of many are also his
Can you deny this?

Urf killed many a foe
Brought in lots of dough
He cause the opposing to cry
Many by his hand died
And even now champions remember

We remember the days Urf swam in the water
But in his passing we shall not falter
We remember the days fighting side by side
We keep him in our minds
The young sea cow will live on
We fight with him still even now that he is gone

Urf the manatee has showed us a different way
Even now he is gone it will be okay
The wins of many are also his
Can you deny this?

For all those who remember him for who he was
Now you remember him for who he is
A memory of memories
A champion among champions
He will live on
And in battle lead us in

Xylophones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2010

Gentlemen, yesterday we all learned that a beloved manatee had passed away due to the clawing of a specific werewolf alchemist. However, you're all misplacing your grief. I can only assume it is because you are misinformed about Urf's death and final resting place.

The truth will be set before you, but before we go on this journey, I urge you:

Weep not for Urf, weep for yourselves because you are not Urf.

Weep not for Urf, weep for Warwick. Warwick, the weak-willed werewolf. Warwick, the murderer who has to don his victim's body in order to gain some sort of respect. Warwick, he who now lives with the physical reminder that he never was and never will be Urf.

Weep not because Urf has passed on
, weep because you are and will be stagnant (metaphysically).

What happens when a manatee dies? It is a question that has been asked throughout the ages and deca-cycles of the universe. There are many theories, but only one truth. You see, Manatee Heaven is a true place. Indeed. Manatee Heaven (Rainbow Valhalla) can best be described as Valhalla with rainbows. It is a place of never-ending, glorious battle. A place where Warwick's lifesteal is at a constant 999.99(repeating)%. A place where Twisted Fate is actually a respectable hero to play. A place where Singed can use his best move (Fling) 100% of the time without having it be dependent upon his many mood swings. This would be true, of course, if any of them were actually allowed. Which they aren't. The guardians of the realm, the robot unicorns, oversee this eternal struggle of arms and rainbows.

Know this:
You are not weeping for Urf, Urf is weeping for you. Or he would be, were he not so busy eternally cleaving bearded viking heads in two with his rainbow gatling gun. I urge you now to look at the attached image. It is the closest artist's conception of Manatee Heaven (Rainbow Valhalla) that stays most true to ideals of Rainbow Valhalla (Manatee Heaven).

Look at the image.
Now look back at this text. You'll notice there's no landscape. That's because the landscape in Manatee Heaven (Rainbow Valhalla) is painted with the blood and severed body parts of viking warriors. Yes, Urf is an artist. Also, when you're firing a rainbow fueled gatling gun that cuts through diamonds, bodies, and large-scale beards, things like mountains and plateaus prove to be very superficial.

Look at the image again.
You're clearly seeing that you're the one that's lost out in this tragedy. Everyone who isn't Urf isn't happy.
Urf wasn't training for the League, he was training for his Rainbow Valhalla (Manatee Heaven). Warwick didn't kill Urf, Urf allowed his pitiful metal projectile gatling gun to miss. Warwick killed Urf's physical shell, but Urf killed Warwick's soul, if he actually had one.

It is the height of arrogance to assume that Urf is to be pitied in any way. Warwick deserves your pity. You deserve pity. Singed's raging hormonal insanity potion-fueled mood swings deserve pity.

Urf pities you. The real winner is not the summoner who makes the best memorial post to Urf, but rather the summoner's memorial who Urf would post about (were he not so busy eternally cleaving bearded viking heads in two with his rainbow gatling gun.)

And now, a short poem about Urf.

Urf -Always
(Open your eyes.)
Urf was not killed,
he wanted to die.
Warwick no victor,
Assisted suicide.
(Your eyes are now open.)

The destination in sight,
Urf trained all his life.
Not for a League,
just a passing fancy.
A purpose, a cause.
A true reason to /dancey.

Always, Urf.
Cleaving flesh from bone.

Always, Urf.
Firing rainbows in a convenient cone.

Always - Urf
A warrior without equal.

Always - Urf
Mayhaps you'll have a chance,
if there's ever a sequel.

Always.

DrPun

04-02-2010

Whether it be jealousy or anarchy, the wolf has slain a dream,
The hopeful dream of battle dressed in lobster bib and blubber,
To lead the charge of self-respect, to find his self esteem,
With his people’s pride, and good-willed mind, his nerves were made of rubber,
But with infinite duress, comes death’s marquee,
And thusly fades into the sea the loving spirit of Urf the Manitee.

Oh how you loved the sun,
Oh how you loved to dive,
Oh how you loved your chain gun,
Why were you skinned alive?

Gondwana

04-02-2010

U
Rock
Forever

BuddytheRat

Friend of Urf

04-02-2010

I made... a videogame!

What better way to tribute our manatee friend than give him what he almost had.. (sort of)

Urf's Journey:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D513m1i75wQ

Coded completely in Python in about 14 hours.

The music is made by my good friend Dr. Light (www.drlight.org) and used with his permission.

Source code is here: http://www.buddytherat.com/www/urfs_journey.rar
(Doesn't contain audio, due to bandwidth concerns. Might not work on all computers. Requires Python 2.6 and Pygame library)

Urf, you will never be forgotten, and I hope this game does your journey justice.

CleverUserName

04-02-2010

y does every one thumbs down i mean that my song was supposed 2 focus on the lyrics not the singing (as im only 12 and suck at singing )