Urf Memorial Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angry Goran

Friend of Urf

04-01-2010

I miss you, Urf!

This is my video for this Urf Memorial contest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCaKSFDDhKo

Hope you'll like it!

Cheers!

Angry Goran!

Screenshots taken from my video:

Zaner Black

04-01-2010

Urf was truly the greatest of us all. He was strong and fearsome along with kind and helpful. The way he moved through the water to protect his allies in their time of toil and hardships. When Blitzcrank and Ryze were ganking you up to high heaven and there was little to no hope of recall, who saved you. When you began to lose ground because sivir and ash have such incredible distance that you can hold them back who came to your aid. Thats right your cow of the sea. Cow of the land. Cow of the heavens. And Urf you are truly the cow of heaven. What could have been we will never know, but you have left us with feelings of hope that the people at Riot Games can keep the greatness coming.

chazlander

04-01-2010

MyHaiku
www.urfthemanatee.com

hohums

Software Engineer

04-01-2010
5 of 8 Riot Posts

Wow... I almost cried a full tear. Not sure if it was from these awesome eulogies or from the fact that you guys will never get to realize the awesomeness of Urf. Of course I'm still of the belief that a champion as awesome as Urf could never be killed by a lesser champion such as Warwick.

Disclaimer:

1) Urf or any other champion for that matter will never ever be as awesome as Blind Monk.
2) You can never have enough of the word Awesome in a sentence.

MonteTribal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2010

An Ode to Urf:

Such a sweet hearted being,
a strong, gentle soul.
Attacks with his fish, his enemies would sting,
a he flew away using his Big Blue Watery Road.

A champion among champions,
cut down early, in his prime;
by a fellow feral champion
just looking for a good time.

His furry foe, attacked without warning,
his sharp claws slash and slice.
This poor soft champion,
has gone not once, but twice.

Now his honor is stolen,
to never be respected again.
His pride is now being worn,
as a silly, trophy skin.

He could have been an honorable ally,
His spatula a great asset.
His attacks may sent the minions running,
Alas, we will never know who is best.

Our tears our many,
and our rage shall not be taken apart,
Urf the Manatee,
we swear that we shall
avenge your aching heart!!

LobsterKing

04-01-2010

Do you know where does Urf's Red Lobster symbol come from? I will tell you : It was given to him by the Lobster King.

Here's my contribution to this AWESOME thread, and it's a short comic. It's in PDF format.

And it's about the great friendship between Lobsters and Manatees. Sort of.

And yeah, it (almost) features Teemo and Twisted Fate.

Alternate Download here

Queggy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-01-2010

We are gathered here today to remember our friend. Urf. You were the love of all our hearts. Today though, you have been stricken down. You were taken before your time and the world grieves its loss. Words, simple English words, can not even begin to describe the heartbreak that we all suffer. However, I will do my best since it is my duty as a member of your most holy church, The Church of the Spatula and the Fish.

You taught us that life is like a spatula and fish. The spatula is a tool, used to lovingly craft different culinary perfections. The fish, is commonly used as food in many parts of the world. You told us that everyone around us is like a fish. They live their lives day in and day out in a community, a school, if you will. Never realizing that there is anything beyond their small world. You then taught us that we are to be like a spatula. Everyone we meet we should show adoration and loving care towards so that we might craft their lives into ones of peace and perfection so that they might find harmony in others and that others might find harmony in them.

Urf. You were the greatest of us all. Everyone you met was instantly transformed by your "spatula." We were all touched in our own little ways, but now you have left us, and it is up to us to carry on your sacred teachings to others so that they might learn the truth.

It is true that sadness weighs heavy on our hearts today, but there is joy as well. For we know that you have joined the great Mermaid in the sky, and that together you swim and frolic among the stars. May we one day be as blessed as you and join you there.

Join my my brothers and sisters as we close in prayer.

O' Great Mermaid in the Sky. All glory and greatness come from you, O' wise one. You have made all of us as you saw fit, but today you have a new companion with you. Please welcome home our friend and your prodigal son, Urf the Manatee. Please forgive him for leaving you, but it was his great love for all the peoples of your world that made him leave. He merely wished to save us from our sins ans sufferings. So we humbly beg of you, take home your son and may you take home us as well when our time comes. Thank you.

In the name of Urf the Manatee, son of the Most High Mermaid,
Amen.

misterPlata

04-01-2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8-6sGR-5Ao

From the bottom of my heart, my video made in honour of Urf, The Manatee's death.

May the gods watch over him, he'll always live in our hearts (except warwick's)

Fritz Lenz

04-01-2010

A solemn tribute to the first champion in not only my heart but the community's as-well.

Mygot Sampson

04-01-2010

I loved Urf a million,
I loved him a lot,
He gave me a billion,
and I gave him naught,
He'd gleefully laugh,
mighty fish in hand,
then came the Warrick,
To viciously take off his head,

I miss him so dearly,
I miss him so much,