Urf Memorial Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beastarro

Recruiter

04-01-2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY2MAtPPSS8
Showing that Warwick hurts people in more ways than just mutilating them.

The odd thing is that this video was made by me before I even heard of the contest.

Gaki

04-01-2010

Urf.

Urf was walking,
Warwick was chasing,
Now Warwirck is Urf.

Dragiat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2010

Here is my one
i make stuff like this for my homework, so why not for this ^^.

GrimcreaperEDP

04-01-2010

Urf the manatee
A coat you have been made
into. warwick will pay.

RIP Urf i wanted to see him as a hero SOO Badly !!! i dont think i will ever play warwick again.

Jamezio

04-01-2010

Link to the Recording:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77qm9ADOukU

Eye of the Manatee
(lyrics written to the tune of Survivor-Eye of the Tiger)

Urf, Urf, Urf, Urf...
Urf, Urf, Urf!
Urf the Manatee,
Urf, Urf, Urf, Urf...
Urf, Urf Urf!
Urf the Manatee...

Risin' up, back to the league
His (R) Move, is omnisplash
Went some distance, turned into a wolf treat
Just a manatee who has soon died

So many times, it happens too fast
He'll be remembered so surely
Don't lose your grip on urf who has passed
You must fight just to keep his memory alive!

Chorus:
It's the eye of the manatee, singed flings in the fight
Ryze is up to challenge of our rival
And Warwick, "hey, you're goin down for what you did last night!"
And he's watchin' us all from above! eye of the manatee

Face to face, out in the heat
Warwicks tough, stayin' hungry
We stack the odds 'til we take in some wolf meat
For we attack with skill for revenge

chorus
It's the eye of the manatee, yi attacks from the right
Particles soar upon Annie and tibbers arrival
Warwick, "hey, you're goin down for what you did last night!"

Ult is up, so bring out the mop
Ashe has the guts, to bring glory
Shot some distance, Warwick's stuck in one spot
Just a Wolf man and his will to survive

chorus
It's the eye of the manatee, Eve attacks with Death Spikes
Anivia Swoops down upon Urf's rival
Warwick, "hey, you're goin down for what you did last night!"

The eye of the manatee (repeats out)...

URF URF URF!!!

2Heavy ReXTeN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2010

why are people giving thumbs down to everything -.- theres no reason

Booty Colin

04-01-2010

Eulogy for Urf: Oh urf the mighty, you will be missed. No being, human, yordle, void creature or otherwise could ever compare to your truly genuine heart. You have given us all so much joy, but now that joy shall be forever replaced by a deep longing for the YouTube references that made us all excited for the next year's april fools. We cried out for your release. We cried out for your beautifully crafted model. We cried out for the games to stop, for your incredible spirit to be released into the league. Well, kind friend, now we cry for a different reason. To Urf, our gentle, serene manatee warrior I say this: We shall forever remember you, you will be in our hearts always and you will be sorely, sorely missed. <3 URF!

M1NDS3T

Friend of Urf

04-01-2010

The Legend of Urf
Alas, we never knew you, pudgy giant of the deep
Wielding cutlery and tuna, felling champions and creeps
How I wish we, together, could have stood against their forces
Let us not forget your parting words...."I'm not a @#$%ing porpoise"

Blackhandsaint

04-01-2010

Here at RTNN (Runeterra News Network) we have recently received breaking news from the Institute of War: the newest admitted combatant, Urf, has been slain. While normally death on the fields of justice is just a temporary setback, the normal safety spells set into place to ensure the continued survival of champions were dispelled. After the tragic event, all fields of justice were closed down and placed under close scrutiny. Though High Councilor Heywan Relivash refused to comment, his aides hinted at stricter regulation of the summoners involved in enchanting the fields of justice.

“This problem [with the fields of justice] has never happened before; we conduct exhaustive daily tests…including the use of dummy champions animated from the same materials as minions,” Craven, senior secretary to the High Councilor, commented. “It has become apparent, however, that we must be even more vigilant in the future and implementation of more and better protocols.”

These protocols were not elaborated upon, but with the Institute’s reliable and honest past, Runterra can expect a quick and permanent solution. Meanwhile, the masses are calling out for the blood of none other than Warwick, the blood hunter himself. Crowds have been gathering outside of the Institute with signs and slogans galore calling for justice on the fields of justice.

“Turf on Urf! War on Warwick!” was echoed throughout the halls of the Institute as Warwick made his shameful exit from the battle arena. Institute security could barely hold back the bloodthirsty mob from the worn and weary werewolf as he attempted to leave the scene. This network only narrowly managed to get a statement from the wanted man.

“I…I didn’t know,” Warwick sobbed to our on site anchor “I thought I would just catch this new champion early and teach him a lesson in who owns the space between the lanes, but I could never imagine, oh Gods, what have I done?”

Further comments were not forthcoming, but our reporters did catch Warwick speaking to his sponsors about keeping Urf’s memory alive through some sort of improvised costume.

While Ionians are calling for legal action, Zaun remains adamantly opposed to prosecution. Though this may be of no surprise given Warwick’s origins, the response of General Boram Darkwill of Noxus has proven to be the most surprising. While still one of Warwick’s most adamant supporters, he has chosen to remain neutral in the proceeding political butting of heads.

“Though Noxus prides itself on its ruthless efficiency and a history of successful conquest, the loss of noble Urf has shaken the state in an unprecedented way,” General Darkwill revealed in an on the spot press conference. “Warwick is a national hero of Noxus: a man possessed of great scientific knowledge and shrewd business sense and while we stand behind his character, should the esteemed Institute of War choose to press charges, we will stand in full support and compliance with it.”

Politicians may be the most heard, but it is the family of the victim that truly tells the tale. Urf’s father, Gurf agreed to make a brief statement about their opinion of the state of affairs (his mother, Elanurf, refused to comment).

“Though it is easy to give into feelings of rage and vengeance, we feel that Warwick is not responsible for our son’s death,” Gurf’s composure was admirable as he addressed our travelling reporters “It was an accident and I was there at the Institute to see Warwick kill our son…the look in his eyes as he realized what he had done instantly absolved him in my mind and though I will miss my son forevermore, I know that he would have wanted to die this way-fighting for the glory of his people in the Institute of War in the same fields of his lifelong role model and hero, Jax.”

Coincidentally, Jax was spotted comforting the sorrowful parents of the late champion and avid fan and perhaps his words best sum up the passing of such a promising new member of the institute: “There is no greater honor than dying with a spatula in one’s hand.”

Carados

04-01-2010

I present, a Haiku.

Urf flub flub Urf Urf.
Urf flub Glub glub Urf Flublub.
Urf Urf, glublub. Urf.