Urf Memorial Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synergy3

04-01-2010

Today, we are gathered here to commemorate a sea cow, Urf. A magical and wonderful sea cow, who passed away so innocently. WHYY!!! WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE HIM, WHY COULDN'T HAVE BEEN ME!! WHY?!?!?! Sorry there, emotional break down. :'(

I remember having good times with that good ol' Urf. Believe it or not, he saved me from drowning in the vast ocean many times.
Urf told me his many days of joy in that great home of his. I will never forget this day, the day where Urf has moved on to a greater place.

Brothers and sisters, friends and family, let this day be a good day, a day where we honor a friend! Happy Urf Day! Thought he is gone. He will be remembered each and everyday. In our hearts.

He left last requests in my mail today. It said to pick me as a winner, it'd make his dying wishes come true.

Lionisio

04-01-2010

Very few men know of the true tale of Urf's fate. Everyone believes that Warwick had taken Urf's life, well they are wrong. Urf and Warwick were best friends you see, they met after that day Soraka put a horrible curse on Warwick. Warwick was abandoned by all of his comrades he had gained through his work in the Noxian army due to his hideous transformation. He ran far away into the wilderness, isolating himself from everyone. He had grown tired and hopeless, he never had to deal with such a hard lifestyle as this, even his knowledge in alchemy couldn't help him in his current situation. Warwick traveled across a beach one day, full of manatee's and other aquatic beasts that filled up the shore. Warwick grew hungry and knew that this would be a great opportunity to stock up on meat, so he waited patiently for a chance to strike in the shade. But suddenly a little manatee came up to Warwick, bringing food and water. Warwick hesitated for a moment from this kind offering, but attacked the manatee child with a downward swing. The little manatee grabbed onto Warwick's arm and flipped him over onto his back. Surprised by the strength of this little beast and knowing that his stamina was very low, he retreated into the forest by the beach. The little manatee pursued Warwick until he collapsed from fatigue. The little manatee nurtured Warwick during his rest and stayed by him until he came to contentiousness. Warwick had a hard time adapting to this kind of treatment due to his past, but he eventually allowed the company of the little manatee. He gave him a suiting name, Urf. Urf quickly became good friends with Warwick, and introduced him to his family and friends among the manatee. They lived happily amongst one another, adapting to each others lifestyles. Eventually the mercenaries that had been sent out to dispose of Warwick from the Noxian army had found his location. On that day, Warwick went out to the forest to look for food. On his way back home, the mercenaries came out from hiding and ambushed him. Warwick fought back, but he wasn't strong enough in his present state to fight off the men. Death was closing in on him. There was no hope for Warwick, he was surely going to be killed by his enemies. Urf was at home playing beach volleyball with his family when he picked up the scent of Warwick's blood. Urf was worried so he told his family that he would return and that he was just going to make sure Warwick was okay. Urf traveled the scent of Warwick's blood for hours, calling his name. He didn't get a response, Urf was terrified that something had happened to Warwick. Urf finally saw Warwick in the distance and quickly moved to him. Once he got to a clear view of the situation, all he saw was Warwick on the ground bloody, and three men surrounding him wearing hoods. Tears filled Urf's eyes, his blood began to boil, and out of blind rage he leaped to the hooded men and began attacking them. Warwick gained consciousness and opened his eyes. Before him laid the three mercenaries, and his friend Urf. Warwick realized that Urf gave his life to save his, and greatly appreciated his valor and mourned over his death. He took Urf's body and ran away from his and Urf's home, never seeing his old friends again. What happened to Warwick in between that time and the present is a mystery. On this day, Warwick brings his old friend Urf into battle with him to commemorate his sacrifice and to bring him courage and safety, knowing that Urf is with him, protecting him in this world.

Ashky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101981237645 View Post
Completely original.

One thing I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time

All I know
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away

It's so unreal
Didn't look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on, but didn't even know
Or wasted it all just to watch URF go

I kept everything inside
And even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be
A memory of a time when

I tried so hard and got so far
But in the end it doesn't even matter
I had to fall to lose it all
But in the end it doesn't even matter
"Completely original." NOT !
Linkin Park - In The End. so you fail

i didn't liked urf, i don't like him even if he's dead. may he rest in peace and never be brought up again.
thank you warwick. i loved you and played you even before you killed the sea cow. you're the man ! wolf. whatever, still thank you warwick

Decepticon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2010

A peaceful mammal, Taken from us by a savage cannibal,
without Urf here the League has fallen,
the death of Warwick you'll hear us calling,
You were here one moment
And then you were gone, so we sit here humming
the manatee song,

Warwick is a mysterious beast
you might not know that it's coming
because it's secretly jungling, you made
a fatal mistake and you solo'd the jungle
the death of Urf has made my heart tumble.

Fish and spatula wasn't enough, to beat
Warwick and his lizard buff, with the clear view
with Poseidon's gaze, revealed the way, that marked
your destiny for death and your last breath,
but know one thing, that in the league you are the King.

rashy666

04-01-2010

Urf rides with the wolf now.

Rootbear

04-01-2010

I have written and recorded a song, please enjoy.

It is too large to attach directly, so please find it here. http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_3696821

"Hey now Urf the Manatee, your life wasn't meant for this world.
We'll always think of you fondly even though we never got to see you.
Now, Urf the Manatee, Urf the Manatee, you died unfairly. You died unfairly."

H.L. Goyer aka Rootbear

NegativeLogic

Friend of Urf

04-01-2010

The Deathsinger’s Ode to a Fallen Hero

I sing to thee O Manatee
Of war and death, and thy last breath
Of greatness lost and dreams unwound
Too early sent beneath the ground

You came in worship of the game
But unlike many, not for fame
To test your mettle with the best
Instead you find untimely rest

In joy the heralds spread your fame
The news of Urf burned as flame
Now those heralds weep in shame
A watery tribute to thy name

From jungle came the raking doom
Howling terror beneath the moon
Fast he struck, but you replied
Slicing bravely, the spatula swung wide

Too late you knew the end was nigh
But bravely you fought, without a cry
And so the wolf stole that precious dream
Howling your death with vicious scream

Warwick knows not of shame
And so he does these things profane
He thinks he knows so much of death
But I can live, yet not draw breath

I know of secret paths to take
And how a soul can its form remake
If ever you tire of endless seas
Or vengeance’ name you seek to please

Then seek the scepter in darkened lands
Where death and life are in my hands
I can make your dreams take flight
Though now they come from darkest night

Armrestinc

Recruiter

04-01-2010

Goodbye Friend:

Great was the size of your body.
Or, more importantly, the size of your heart.
One such as yourself is not deserving of such a cruel fate.
Devoured by a wolf, sending you prematurely onto that big blue watery road to heaven.
But you will live on in our hearts.
You will forever be remembered.
Everyone shall miss you.

Fish and spatula wielded valiantly until his last breath,
Rioters everywhere will mourn Urf’s passing.
In these tragic times we must stand strong and stand united.
Enemies of our beloved manatee,
No more shall we fear you.
Down you shall fall and at peace our friend, Urf, will rest.

Now, look at the first letter of each line.

CleverUserName

04-01-2010

I will post a song later im getting my brother 2 search an epic song that i will add lyrics 2

Alaric11

04-01-2010

This thread blows.