Urf Memorial Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Medjaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2010

This tale starts years ago, when Runeterra was still long in conflict. He was born of two young, and deeply in love Manatee's named Arfella and Oofer. In honor of the Legendary Manatee who ate over 1,000 fish in one day, they named him Urf. Urf grew up as a small manatee, and was always the shy one. On family hunting trips, he would have to stay with his parents while the other boys would try to catch a fish. Urf never had a passion for catching. He wanted to be a fighter.

This dream was absurd to almost all Manatee's. No Manatee fights, all they do is eat fish. Fish fish fish. His father would slap him every time he spoke of this dream. But Urf was determined to reach this dream, he would do whatever he could to become the greatest fighter in the world. He began practicing flopping around on land, in order to be able to move during fights. He began to attempt to utilize his belly as a weapon. The dawn of Urf's fighting days had finally arrived.

On the way to the fighting arenas of Bilgewater, he met an eager fighter who went by a pretty simple name. Jax, is what he called himself. Urf and Jax shared the same dream, to become the greatest champions the world had ever known. Jax used a sword, and suggest Urf pick one up himself. Urf, quickly went into the ocean, and picked up a raw herring. As he returned, Jax was nowhere to be found. So Urf registered to fight, and become the very best, like no one ever was.

He was quickly destroyed, going on a 0-28 lose streak. He was the worst fighter that had ever registered. At this time, he heard of a place called the League of Legends, and a fighter named Jax. A quick view and he then learned that this was the very same Jax he met before, and he had won 152 games in a row. Urf now had to prove to Jax, he could be a champion too. He tried to find a real weapon, and in order to save up joined Sal****er Fish Shack & Burgers.

He worked part time, but after the 12th time a chef tried to cook him, he took a Spatula and left. With his Fish and Spatula, he was determined to be able to qualify for the League of Legends. He won 3 games in a row, after losing 5. Then, one of the champions from the League of Legends came down to advertise for it. His name was Corki. As Corki showed off his multiple aeroverhicles, Urf pried an M60 off one of them, and decided that, he was going to use THIS as his weapon.

Sadly, Urf learned you need thumbs to fire a gun correctly, but still kept it to intimidate his opponents. He became determined. After beating the baddies in his ELO, he was finally able, and ready, to qualify for the League of Legends. As he waddled up, and Heywan Revilash gave him a formal greeting. He had 2 days to prepare for this first match ever. As he stepped in, Jax was waiting for him. He gave him a handshake. They were teammates now, and they were going to win.

Two days later, they entered Summoners Rift. Urf had never seen anything greater then this area. Jax followed up up the lane, as Corki took the middle, and Alistar and Annie took the bottom lane. They noticed only Nidalee was against them. As Jax told Urf to check the bushes, Warwick leaped out, attacking Urf rapidly and vigoursly. Due to the mistake of Heywan and the Adjuticators, they had forgot to link Urf to the summoners pad. They soon realized, as Urf's bloody body hit the ground. He was actually dead.

The Adjuticators rushed out, attempting to bring him back. No, they couldn't. The battle had been paused, and all champions were called to Urf's corpse. Warwick began gutting the body, as the Adjuticators said it was "His Kill". Jax could hardly watch Warwick...Rip his friend apart. As Warwick put on the body, he snarled at Jax, with a chuckle hidden behind it. Jax could hardly hold back his rage at Warwick, and one snarl later, Jax released it. Warwick attempted to swipe at Jax, but this Jax had specce'd in for dodge and had 3 levels in counterstrike, so he dodged every hit. As the Warwick cried "CHEAATING", Jax impaled his lamp post into Warwicks skull.

The sight was brutal, but justice can be brutal. The pole side of the Lamp post went deep through Urf's skin, then ripped through Warwicks furry cranium. Warwick slammed into the ground, but even Jax knew, He'd be coming back. The battle was over, and as they all left, Jax stood where Urf died.

Today, a friend died for Jax, and every year he returns to the Ocean, and drops a Fish, a Spatula, and an M60 in. Never forget urf.

Smwht

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-01-2010

For your consideration, I present an ode in haiku

urf the manatee
should have kept thine towel ready
warwick didst find thee

annoyingdragon

04-01-2010

I"m annoying dragon i think IGOD should win.
Sing it like rickroll and you will roflmao

I DO NOT KNOW HIM AT ALL JUST THOUGHT IT WAS COOL LOL

AzureEverhart

04-01-2010

Though whos skin was that like leather
Whos whiskers were like the gentle grass
Soreley taken before thy time
Urf...manatee of honor.
one who always strove towards his goals
And his fish
May urf rest in peice
And may warwick Have many a restless night for what he has done to
Urf
The Man.....atee
The Myth
The Legend

Militiades

Friend of Urf

04-01-2010

An Open Letter of Grief, Sorrow, and Vengeance

To Whom it May Concern,

As many of you are aware, today is a day of great sorrow and grief throughout the league, and indeed all of Runeterra. For today, we mourn the passing of the noblest denizen of the sea, our beloved Urf. Despite never having met Urf, I felt a strong connection to this stately spatula wielding sea cow. It was Urf's earnest wish to meet me and to grow under my tutelage into a champion of the league that would be both feared and respected in all corners of Runeterra. I never saw his famed omnisplash in action, but I commend his unorthodox choice of weaponry and his uncanny ability to flatten his opponents with his overwhelming size. His fan letters still adorn my weapons rack, and each time I reach for my lamppost unshed tears threaten to pour down my shrouded visage. They will remain there always, as a testament to his unfulfilled wishes that were cruelly stripped from him, along with his life and skin.

As Armsmaster of the League, as well as something of a Mr. Miyagi to Urf's Danny boy, I feel it is only right that I take up the mantle of vengeance in his name. The perpetrator of this heinous offense will know nothing but fear from this moment on until the day his head hangs above the fire in my living room. You may wonder how it is I plan to remove the culprit's head when I typically fight with very blunt instruments. In my humble opinion, this fiend does not deserve the swift and easy death a sword or axe might bring, but the excruciating horror of feeling his own neck smashed into oblivion by a brass lamppost. Let it be known, that no brush is to deep, no river to wide, no treeline to twisted, no tower to powerful to prevent me from tracking this vicious murderer to the farthest corners of the League and exacting brutal retribution. My cause is righteous, my conviction is unwavering, and my lamppost is polished for the day that I stand before this slinking beast to yell, "I am Jax! And I have come to make you pay for destroying the proudest of Poseidon's children!"

As Cho'gath is fond of yelling on the field of battle, death will not be the end for this lupine lunatic. Just as he has flayed and stolen Urf's hide, so shall I remove his pelt and fashion myself a new mantle for the cold winters of Summoner's Rift. His teeth will be fashioned into necklaces for my many adoring admirers and his claws, which brutally tore the flesh from Urf's bones, will be cast into the deepest depths of the sea, so Urf's brethren shall know that justice was served. The heart will be burned, Annie has graciously volunteered to provide the flame for she was ever so fond of riding upon Urf's broad back, and the ashes will be scattered in the river of summoners rift. Thus all will know that the maleficent beast is no more.

I call on all of you who loved and cherished the gentle yet powerful manatee Urf to provide me with information on the whereabouts of his assassin. Summoners! Take up your clairvoyance spells, send forth your stealthed champions, place your sight wards, bribe Twisted Fate into blowing his ultimate. Do whatever must be done to track this mad dog and smoke him from his hiding place! But do not touch him, for he is MINE! The fire of vengeance has been kindled within my heart and only the fresh flowing blood of my target can quench the flames. When he is within sight, simply call the name of Urf and I will appear, flying like an arrow to the heart of darkness that has stolen Urf from us.

Thus it is written, so shall it be. Run Warwick, time is short.

Sincerely,
Jax
Grandmaster at Arms
League of Legends
Runeterra

iG0D

04-01-2010

lol dragon i think ur gonna make ppl not vote for me? but glad u like it

Saxyy

04-01-2010

Urf, u were a brave warrior, but also a family manatee, in fact. U had a wife, and you made love, beautiful love. Urf ur generation have just started. http://www.steve-sears.net/images/manatee1.jpg

Anabiel

04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyingdragon View Post
I"m annoying dragon i think IGOD should win.
Sing it like rickroll and you will roflmao

I DO NOT KNOW HIM AT ALL JUST THOUGHT IT WAS COOL LOL

he gets no credit from that, y r u saying he should win? most people here actaully made their own, screw u u ass, apreciate real talent

annoyingdragon

04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iG0D View Post
lol dragon i think ur gonna make ppl not vote for me? but glad u like it
wow thanks dude

JuviaFullbuster

04-01-2010

http://en.tackfilm.se/?id=1270158280520RA46

IN MEMORY OF URF! Updated with better picture.