What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naukuga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-31-2010

Blink Dagger Please

Also make it not useable for X seconds while in combat and give it back some of its range.

Im fine with people using flash to start a team fight, or to get away if they're already far enough away to not be hit for a few seconds.

The only problem i have with the current flash is the get out of jail free when you've done something stupid, making it not useable in combat helps this

Zileas

VP of Game Design

03-31-2010
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyPowerVan View Post
Why isnt heal team-heal? Maybe make it stronger for self healing- and the extra aspect for the mastery point means it heals team, too.
Beacuse its already really good, and nerfing team healing is something thats also on our agenda.

Quality Player

03-31-2010

change it so that it doesn't cancel spells / attacks and increase its range a little

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

Make it like blink dagger, still summoner spell

Seaal

03-31-2010

Implement Dash, and New cleanse sounds good, but it would be very powerful outside of mass cc teamfights. I don't care what happens, remove flash.

Sedon

03-31-2010

I like getting rid of flash, and adding dash. However, would ghost need to change just to make it so there's not two similar spells and one obviously being better?

Or better yet, just make it to where if you've taken damage within the last 3 seconds it's uncastable.

Xixy

03-31-2010

Nothing is wrong with Flash. People ***** and moan because they fail to gank or kill someone with Flash. So they got away, oh no. Either do better, or learn to trap them properly. People just complain for the sake of fitting in. They complain about it because they see other people complaining about it. There is nothing wrong with a move that can be used both offensively and defensively depending on your situation. And don't even try to pull that "it rewards people for being bad" ****. It doesn't, it punishes you for not being good enough to kill them, but you're so full of yourselves that you can't accept that.

Talamare

03-31-2010

Removing Flash and adding Blink dagger I fear would might make it a must have item almost like Banshee Veil currently is and would reduce the amount the choices you have in selecting your items, this is especially true for TT maps where characters without a built in flash need to bring the summoner spell

Dash would be a short burst ghost then? Goes thru creeps, Immune to slows, run 100% faster for 3 seconds --- if its not at least about 100% run speed theres almost no reason to take it over ghost

Cleanse should probably last another second, at the very least add that extra second thru defensive mastery, just flat out buffing cleanse would just make it replace flash instantly

For Heal spell, Remove the aoe component from the original, add a defensive mastery point that increases the effectiveness of heal on yourself by 50%? and add a support mastery point that turns heal into aoe, healing for 50% of the amount healed on you... obviously make these 2 points fairly deep in both trees (meaning you cant take both)

CruciferZ

03-31-2010

Ok here I go:

Remove it - It's used more defensively than it is offensively.

1. Blink Dagger would just be overlooked if its expensive.
2. You'd have to remove Ghost as well. Otherwise it'd just be the same ****.
3. Cleanse does not need buffs.
4. Who honestly takes Heal?

The correct response is:

Buff melee DPS champions and think of unique ways that they can get in range without dying. Stop catering to Ranged DPS and or stop making Ranged DPS champions.

But I'm an advocate for removing Flash sooner than later - I ran this poll last week.

Puddledive

03-31-2010

I don't think anything should be put in that replicates its ability to dodge spells and tower hits. The dash could be a solid solution if you really wanted to add something else to the mix.

I dislike the idea of the blink dagger, as one can only assume it would replicate the existing problems with Flash.