LAN Option

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyanpaia

Adjudicator

07-10-2009

I don't know where to put this, but I think there should be a LAN Option. Maybe later on where there are competitive games, people can be using LAN to setup their in-houses, scrims and such. Thus, utilizing less resources and can prevent server delay/lag.

Now I think this should go in suggestions.

micha

Adjudicator

07-10-2009

There won't be a LAN Option, its going to be like it is @ World of Warcraft you can only play online on the developer servers or at special LAN Events of Tourneys of whatever where Riot will be able to come with a Server wich is able to host games, when i'm not wrong its exactly like Blizzard handles it actually with World of Warcraft.

Nyanpaia

Adjudicator

07-10-2009

Well I guess that okay using their servers. I haven't experience any lag at all while playing LoL. Now to think of it, this game would have blizzard like servers. I can connect from around the world and not experience any major lag or delay.

DocSmoothJew

Adjudicator

07-10-2009

I find the concept of a game like LoL not having LAN reprehensible, but what can you do? They made the call and it'll lose a negligible amount of business, so they seem to be doing it. I think it's a decision both for and against the players since people love LAN parties, but they also hate cheating and this negates a lot of cheating. That and theft.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-10-2009

Quoted from Wyndamere, president of Riot:

Quote:
Also:
- No map hack
- Centralized, stronger community
- Other users lag independently and don't impact everyone in the game
- All of our Summoner system goodness which you are about to see
- Clans / Teams integration
- Etc~

The list goes on and on.

Warrition

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
Quoted from Wyndamere, president of Riot:
I'm really surprised that he didn't list "almost total elimination of piracy", as that's probably the number one benefit from Riot's perspective.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

07-10-2009
1 of 4 Riot Posts

We're not worried about piracy... for reasons you'll find out next week!

stormlifter

Adjudicator

07-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
We're not worried about piracy... for reasons you'll find out next week!
When you introduce that the game is going to be monthly fee based. It would be awesome if there was a way you could price it so there isn't a big upfront cost. Also be as generous as you can with "vacation time" on the game so I don't feel like I'm obligated to play a bunch each month just to get my money's worth.

micha

Adjudicator

07-11-2009

I think next week, we are getting something special called...

The Armored Bear - Volibear

wich will eat all the pirates ;(

@stormlifter: when i'm not wrong then they already said anywhere in the old forums that the game wont be monthley fee based, but i can be wrong.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

07-11-2009
2 of 4 Riot Posts

We won't have a monthly fee