CLG's Statement Regarding the Dreamhack Qualifier Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dranabe

05-26-2011

Whoever says they should just suck it up and play:

They worked for MONTHS to get the #1 position for this qualifier, only to have it taken away because of such a horrible reason. Even if/when they do win its still UNFAIR.

MetalGearLuigi

05-26-2011

Riot has shown evidence of it being a young rash company many times. It's like a rookie in Basketball traveling, except for that Riot doesn't seem to learn from its mistakes.

InertPackage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluecks View Post
What I'm asking myself:

WHY would/should Riot care about a team throwing a game in first place? The said team would actually just decrease their chances to go to dreamhack.
Exactly, if I'm competing against my brother, one of us is going to lose either way. May the best brother win, and MAYBE, just maybe, I share some prize money with him.

RiotNick

05-26-2011
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Our response to the conflict of interest presented to us was not a kneejerk reaction; we considered input from teams and debated choices between Marcou and myself. We could not ban a team based on speculation and switching the #7 and #8 seed presented what we consider the best option.

Dreamhack qualifiers represent those that are at the pinnacle of skill in their region. Seeding is a matter of perception and regardless of seed a team must prove they are a top three team to attend the finals; this includes who they play in the first round.

We stand by our seeding but acknowledge your concern, again this decision has nothing to do with TSM or CLG, integrity in eSports is a paramount concern.

BtSq1

05-26-2011

Hotshot hates black people and koreans. I don't think riot should change it at all because of this, to be honest.

PoOpSqUiD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncemasta View Post
Hey Hotshot, u mad?
Hey Uncemasta, you a child? You sure seem like one.

Ezékielyo

05-26-2011

To show your support to clg click this link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6BFVEP8sKM

DivS

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svornair View Post
Here is the truth,
People in this world want to take the easy way in everything in life. Whether or not there was conspiring to throw games or not, this pairing is for the better in all aspects. I think everyone has forgotten that this is a COMPETITION. CLG feels that they should have the RED CARPET up the middle to the EZ parings because they did so well in the Season... Well news flash this is Post Season now rookie, and the Pairings are up, weather u like it or not thats how Games are played... CLG is really Hurting their Rep with all the Whining QQing, BS, Complaining, and just straight up B*tching.
Instead they should had looked Adversity in the face and Manned up. This is a 100,000$ Tournament, and we got people at home throwing a fit instead of realizing "OH SH*T I better get to practicing."
Sorry CLG once a fan, now an Opponent.
No one wants anyone to cheat, or jeopardize the integrity of competition, BUT IT HAPPENS, AND the problem was fixed before it could happen, Saving the Integrity of 100,000$ and a lot more BS

MLG- Svornair
There is a part of truth in this. BUT you forget something very important. Take the scenario that the rumours are true. Let's say clg loses because they are bad. So tsm and EG pass to dreamhack. And they face each other IN dreamhack and throw the game for TSM. Now which of the two sounds more important to prevent?

dajaroo

05-26-2011

At best, this situation is a joke.

At worst, this is a completely unprofessional way to manage a competitive tournament for which the rules and seedings were clearly published.

Riot - if you believe an individual team or player could compromise the tournament then that should be dealt with by talking to those players or teams and resolving the situation, not by changing the rules or seedings which could affect other teams unfairly.

You're just creating another problem down the line. You need fairness and consistency in any form of competition and your decision does not reflect this. Time for a re-think.

Senatorpaulo

05-26-2011

Riot please understand CLG is making you Millions... and did nothing wrong. Don't penalize them lol.