Orianna Mechanics Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoonPontoon

05-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by i eat then poop View Post
man my dream last night lied to me. it told me orianna was a tank ;(
wtf, man? why are you dreaming about new champs??? that's just a little weird...

YokoNomi

05-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleoay View Post
So, why is the champion Orianna and not her ball?
Because it's about time we have a female robot. Stick her and Blitz in one lane, xin and jarvan in one lane, and vayne in mid. That right there spells perfect team comp, lol.

John Tiger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2011

her ult could be stop the time, creates a giant sphere around her grabing all the enemies near her freezing them, nice skill for combo whit GP

living beatx

05-25-2011

when can we play league of legends again cause its regected to client something something

Morello

Lead Designer

05-25-2011
6 of 6 Riot Posts

To be clear, the ball doesn't control like a pet - this is not the archetypical "pet champion" that commands both the character and another entity. We need more tech and UI to make that champion work, Orianna functions by using her ball as a focal point for her abilities, which is also moved by using abilities.

YokoNomi

05-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by johpas View Post
her ult could be stop the time, creates a giant sphere around her grabing all the enemies near her freezing them, nice skill for combo whit GP
It'd be cool and all but, this isn't Touhou. xD

Arixa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YokoNomi View Post
Honestly, to me, she sounds more like support than a damage dealer with how her pet works in terms of skills from what I've read so far up to this point. I don't see how everyone assumes she'll be a heavy damage dealer, much less a good one right off the bat. I mean, must we look back at Lee Sin's outcome when he started? Different style of champion, I know. I'm simply referring to how strong they made him seem, only to have it backfire a bit in the expected outcome of the champion.

All I mean to say is, we won't know until she's released and are able to either use her or see her in-game. :3
Well you see they even said she is designed to need to take risks to use her passive and that the passive does damage. If she's a soraka/janna type no one will ever use the passive.

For example Lux can do lots of damage if you auto attack every single passive but no one is going to actually take a risk to do that in a team fight. They'll just sit back spam some spells and then ult and by the time her cds are back up at least 2-3 opponents will be dead so she can take some minor risks to finish people off. I've never seen a successful Lux rush in and start auto attacking at the start of a teamfight(ignoring shurelia's AD lux...) The good ones mostly ignore her passive and hang back casting spells taking advantage of her great range.

So unless she has lux/kayle level of dps everyone will just ignore the passive and the tension they want to create won't exist. No one is going to sacrifice great position for pitiful damage. Make sense?

Clutchin

05-25-2011

i think its genius, i like the idea of having a character that you can tell the good players apart from the great players. Keep it up Riot

warmasher

05-25-2011

This almost sounds like a champ with a very high learning curve.... (noobs need not apply) But i always love new ideas

Yzarck

Recruiter

05-25-2011

Can I refund Vayne so I have enough for Orianna?