This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krom

05-14-2011

Dabba... sorry bro, but you're arguing it wrong.

At release there were 40 champs.

Of those 40, 4 were 6300ip. Thats 10%.

They stated a looong time ago that 6300ip champs were going to be the exception to the rule. (I was in beta, trust me bro) And looking at release this holds true.

But fast forward to today and...

76 champs total. Of those 22 are 6300ip. Thats 29%. Their representation has now tripled. 450ip and 1350ip have remained almost unchanged, no new releases at 450ip and only Poppy at 1350ip. And there is now a new tier of 4800ip champs.

It gets even worse if you don't count the original 40.

36 new champs. Of those 18 are 6300ip. THATS 50%!

Half of the new champions that have been released since launch have been 6300ip!

That is not what they promised. Padding your numbers by counting release champions from over a year and a half ago that did adhere to a diverse price range where 6300ip was not the norm is beyond disingenuous.

DeceivingNShady

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krom View Post

They stated a looong time ago that 6300ip champs were going to be the exception to the rule. (I was in beta, trust me bro) And looking at release this holds true.

76 champs total. Of those 22 are 6300ip. Thats 29%. Their representation has now tripled. 450ip and 1350ip have remained almost unchanged, no new releases at 450ip and only Poppy at 1350ip. And there is now a new tier of 4800ip champs.

Half of the new champions that have been released since launch have been 6300ip!

That is not what they promised. Padding your numbers by counting release champions from over a year and a half ago that did adhere to a diverse price range where 6300ip was not the norm is beyond disingenuous.
It's funny that he ignores your post. He is really dumb lol

Dabba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2011

Woot new page!

450: 7 champs
1350: 18 champs
3150: 26 champs
4800: 3 champs
6300: 22 champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot644 View Post
Apparently champions in a multitude of price ranges is impossible.
Not only possible, it is exactly what we have!

So of the 76 champs, 51 of them (67%) are at the mid range IP price or cheaper. 25 (33%) of them are above the median price. Seems like a pretty darn good mix to me. What were we complaining about again?

Just going to post this on every page from now on when this thread gets bumped. It puts the lie to the OP. Balanced ip costs are balanced. Go ahead haters, downvote truth. I love it. I got math on my side, come at me bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefam View Post
The steady increase of exclusively 6300 IP champions. Most of the champions from the mid range IP or lower are the 40 first champions. Everything else except Poppy is 3150 and above.
Ok, but that has nothing to do with Riots promise of a balanced range of IP costs among champions other than they were following through on their promise, since before the release of a line of 6300 champs the balance was heavily skewed toward the lower price range. Riot never made any promise regarding new champion releases, they simply promised a balanced range of champion costs, and they have delivered.

Also, read this: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...733774&page=19

Happy to bump. People need to see the truth. See above for truth. ^^^^

DeceivingNShady

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabba View Post
herpy derp
I see you have admitted defeat by spamming the same r3tarded argument! Now I will fornicate with your women! Bow down to me.

I'd also like some grape juice, 100% real, none of that fake ****. Make it snappy.

Tortoos

05-14-2011

Quote:

Well said, this pretty much hits the nail on the head. It's preposterous how many champions are ridiculously hard to afford. Why don't you guys cut your fanbase a break and stop gouging the **** out of us with champions that take weeks to farm for WHILE buying stupidly expensive runes makes it insanely hard to do. Please, lower your champion and rune prices a little bit, stop releasing everything at the highest possible price currently. Getting enough runes while wanting the champions railroads you into spending money on them to get them in a decent time frame, or going without runes. That's just not right

Dabba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2011

Quote:

I was in a game, didn't have time to respond, wasn't ignoring it.

The only thing I see this thread linking to is a promise to have balance in IP costs. They have balance in IP costs as my post has clearly shown. If anyone cares to link to a red post promising anything about newly released champs I'd love to read it, otherwise sorry, I don't go on trust. Its the internet, its anonymous. Everybody is lying. Trust is naive.

I don't really care how you want to fudge your statistics to make your argument work, until and unless someone cares to provide a link to Riot making promises about IP prices they haven't lived up to, my post stands as truth.

DeceivingNShady

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabba View Post
I was in a game, didn't have time to respond, wasn't ignoring it.

The only thing I see this thread linking to is a promise to have balance in IP costs. They have balance in IP costs as my post has clearly shown. If anyone cares to link to a red post promising anything about newly released champs I'd love to read it, otherwise sorry, I don't go on trust. Its the internet, its anonymous. Everybody is lying. Trust is naive.

I don't really care how you want to fudge your statistics to make your argument work, until and unless someone cares to provide a link to Riot making promises about IP prices they haven't lived up to, my post stands as truth.
Wow this guy is ****ing delusional, I kinda feel bad for messing with him :/

the part of your post that I bolded is stuff that YOU are doing, not the other guy

Zealot644

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceivingNShady View Post
Gave credit and put that link on the frontpage. Amazing find

DeceivingNShady

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot644 View Post
Gave credit and put that link on the frontpage. Amazing find
give credit to the guy who wrote the post and made the graphs, not me

Cheezerk

05-14-2011

Oh no, people who don't spend money, are going to continue to not spend money. Unless you lower the prices of new content for them to not spend money on. This is definitely going far.