Rising IP Costs and You: A Visual Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sabnitron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2011

I think looking at Trundle as a mid point may be skewing your data, because there were so many mroe champions released before Trundle as opposed to being released after Trundle.. You should look at a middle point. There have been 36 champions released since the game's official release, with the 18th champion being Urgot.

Sabnitron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueSmurf View Post
RIOT's marketing team went downhill when Tencent purchased League of Legends. However, the employees are still great. It's just that they gave up too many marketing rights it seems.

At this point I doubt RIOT employees are actually making their decisions on pricing. It seems like they're either forced to price higher by stock holders, or they never play League of Legends. Which is just sad considering they should know the game they are servicing.
Wait, what? I don't think you understand what Tencent actually is, or how business works.

Original Sabral

05-14-2011

Buy RP. Quit crying. Nuff said.

malphismia

05-14-2011

what a shame

Felizio

05-14-2011

Now do a graph for average IP after the nerf.

DavetheBravÍ

05-14-2011

I was considering trying to make a thread like this, thanks for saving me the trouble, and doing a way better job than I would have.

Oberic

05-14-2011

This is a pretty awesome thread actually. I'm going to save those graphs for later.
Thank you, I was hoping someone would make those graphs.

Poxrox

05-14-2011

bump

Trame

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabnitron View Post
I think looking at Trundle as a mid point may be skewing your data, because there were so many mroe champions released before Trundle as opposed to being released after Trundle.. You should look at a middle point. There have been 36 champions released since the game's official release, with the 18th champion being Urgot.
Udyr through Urgot:
1350: 1
3150: 10
6300: 6

Miss Fortune through Vayne:
3150: 4
4800: 3
6300: 11

I'll add this to the OP.

EDIT: Actual midpoint is Miss Fortune, if you want her in the first group move one 6300 champ from the second group to the first.

Xandune808

05-14-2011

Good research. If it were possible to get the number of players who have in excess of 6300ip, then it would be interesting to map that count with the release dates.

My theory is that Riot is closely monitoring the amount of ip it's player base has. Over time, players will accumulate large pools of ip and to keep RP appealing to older players who have such large pools, they need to release many highly priced champions to drain their savings. In other words, they are trying to reduce the amount of ip older players have to encourage them to purchase RP.