New Player's Guide to League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azeen Blizzard

05-11-2011

very good!

Los Argentos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-12-2011

Hi, I like that a hero's like Twitch, Morgan, Akali, SHAC, and those like whose ability to be invisible, they increase the cooling, I have my reasons of why they are very annoying and only used to make pure KS ...
And to increase the intelligence of the bot's when faced with these hero's ....
Thank you very much ...
This is the first time I write so I do not know if this goes here ...
I only speak Castilian (I'm Argentinian) and am using the google translator to write ...
Oh and would be more than a patch 100% good Spanish or Latin that not everyone understands English ...

weimo

05-14-2011

how does runs work?

Wrenchman Golin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchmen

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Argentos View Post
Hi, I like that a hero's like Twitch, Morgan, Akali, SHAC, and those like whose ability to be invisible, they increase the cooling, I have my reasons of why they are very annoying and only used to make pure KS ...
And to increase the intelligence of the bot's when faced with these hero's ....
Thank you very much ...
This is the first time I write so I do not know if this goes here ...
I only speak Castilian (I'm Argentinian) and am using the google translator to write ...
Oh and would be more than a patch 100% good Spanish or Latin that not everyone understands English ...
I do not believe Morgana has an ability which makes her invisible; perhaps you mean Evelynn? The characters you're referring to are assassin-type characters who may secure a kill and can be quite a nuisance. For most of them an Oracle's Elixir and some Vision Wards are enough to keep them at bay.

I'm sure down the line an Expert-level for Coop v AI may be implemented (perhaps having the bots sell their Doran's item down the line for another high-tier item and not stand at the border of the enemy tower range to calculate whether it is better to dive or retreat would be a start), but there are so many things in the work at the moment. Be sure to check the News Page and Announcement Forum for new features and announcements.

A majority of the players are English-speakers, but that does not mean that there is no other language support. Try doing the following to change your client language to Spanish:
Open this file using Notepad C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\system\locale.cfg and then change it to the following:
Quote:
locale=es_ES
The next time you launch the game, you should start downloading the Spanish language files. You can reverse the process by changing it back to:
Quote:
locale=en_US
----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weimo View Post
how does runs work?
Runes are items which can be purchased from the Store using Influence Points (IP). From Level 1-9, you can purchase Tier 1 Runes; Level 10-19 allows you to purchase Tier 2 Runes; and from Level 20-30, Tier 3 Runes will be available. Runes benefit Summoners by giving their champion various stat boosts.

Rune Tiers equate to the amount of stat boosts you get per rune; for instance, Tier 3 Runes of the same type--Mark of Malice, for instance--will give you more of a boost than its Tier 1 equivalent.

After you purchase a rune, you must apply them to your Runebook before their boosts are applied to your Champion. Every Summoner is given two Rune Pages to start and only one page can be applied per match. Remember to name your Rune Pages so you can easily identify what pages you want to use during Champion Selection--you can do this by going to your Summoner Profile (via PVP.net client), going to Runes, double-clicking on the rune page name (by default it is named "Rune Page 1" or just "Page 1"), and then typing in a name.

Most players will recommend buying Tier 1 Runes to keep up with your opponents on the way up to higher levels and skipping Tier 2 Runes because the Cost/Benefits ratio drops as the Rune Tier increases. Start picking up Tier 3 Runes when you're Level 20 to keep up with your higher level opponents (the Cost/Benefits ratio goes out the door because runes cap at Tier 3).

There is currently no way to sell back your runes for IP, so purchase carefully (you do not want more than 9 of the same glyphs, marks, or seals, or more than 3 of the same quintessence for instance). You may want to recycle your Tier 1 Runes using the Rune Combiner into Tier 2 Runes and then buy just enough Tier 2 Runes (cheap ones) to convert all of them into Tier 3 Runes.

gagi1997

05-15-2011

Usefull thread for begginers . Good job

CX022

05-18-2011

hi ^^

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

05-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX022 View Post
hi ^^
Hello CX, welcome to League of Legends!

k0duck

05-20-2011

want to know why my screen is dim=|

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

05-20-2011

Some desktop monitors have to be set their brightness via the controls on the monitor itself. If you have an ATI or Nvidia cards, you can use the video configuration panel to tweak settings such as brightness.

If you have a laptop, you can use the manual controls (sometimes available via Function keys) to turn the brightness up or go into your Power Options to set your brightness up to high.

magistvo

05-21-2011