This 6300 IP Bull**** Needs To Stop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dabba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurise View Post
Necessity for game = Necessity for living?

What?
Oh goodie, explaining more basic economics principles to the kiddies, only to have them downvote me and call me names. Good times.

Ok here is the next lesson:

In economic terms a necessity is an item you cannot live without. Food, shelter, etc. In the current marketplace gasoline is a necessity item for most people. They require gasoline to get to work, to get their kids to school, to get to the grocery store to buy food, etc. This is why gas is classified as a necessity.

LoL champs are a luxury item. You can live without them, you can live without LoL (despite what you might think, you can live without video games entirely). Therefore video games and related content are luxury items.

Luxury items and Necessity items do not follow the same economic rules.

See the difference?

Market dictates pricing: This is not debatable. You don't have to like it, many people don't, but in a free market economy it is a stone cold fact.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kurise

Senior Member

05-13-2011

I currently own over 50 champions and it is impossible for me to purchase runes and buy the new champions with IP as well as the ton of champions I'm still missing.

The current model Riot has promotes as much income as possible, with producing as little content as possible. Another champ with similar abilities to current champs really isn't doing it for me.

I'll throw my money in for Spectating, better stats, reliable servers, Magma Chamber?, etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alan420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
Are you really that stupid?!?!

Geez, the self-entitlement in this country is absurd...

You're the kind of person that causes me to have an income tax rate of roughly 30% of my gross pay every year...you wanna complain about something, complain about THAT!!!

As for RP prices, let me teach you a little ECON 2100...

The market will adjust to whatever a willing buyer and willing seller agree to pay for something. If Riot can't sell the double skin bundles at what you say are high prices, then guess what?!?! Oh, you can't figure it out? Let me help you....

THEY WILL DROP THE PRICES!!!

Unfortunately for you and other mentally challenged individuals in this thread, most of the player population is more than willing to support Riot financially, even if they pay more than they might think is reasonable...heck, even I do that!

The bottom line is, if Riot realizes that they can charge an extra 455 RP for skins on a new champ and still sell the same (or higher) quantity that they sold on the previous champ release, then guess what?!?! THEY ARE GOING TO KEEP DOING IT!!!

Take your self-entitlement psycho-babble elsewhere...
self entitlement?

I think you should take your attitude elsewhere - simply ask for a refund and will not give them business in the future

Take your pompous ass elsewhere - You think that everyone should just roll over and accept ******ed price increases for no reason - well considering i have purchase RP - its not self entitled - its money entitled - something the other mental ******s like yourself dont understand - I paid money for this game - and am Not happy with the direction its going - so I will be entitled to a refund or simply stop giving riot money

let me teach you a little econ 2010 - online products with no real value constantly getting higher = less people going to buy it

I for one am asking for a refund - if i dont get it then I will simply not give riot any more money


The reason your tax bracket is that high actually is due to the fact that your currency is really valueless and the taxes you pay is for the interest your country pays to the bank for the right to use valueless paper money that is borrowed from a private bank ( from the federal reserve or the bank of canada) - I think your the right wing ****** that thinks he knows everything or thinks anyone that is unhappy should roll over and take it in the ass - cus thats what you like to do - take it up the pooper


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jinudave

Junior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Dota2 will have a flat price. Vote with your wallet.
Really doubt it. Valve will probably institute a mystery box / key program just like in TF2.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarvanaasha

Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvanaasha View Post
I find it simply hilarious, how people say "buy RP noobs" when these guys are charging ridiculous amounts because they have the monopoly on League of Legends and kindof the genre in general. Many people will not want to quit League after reaching 30 and already spending about 30 bucks because playing one champion every game isnt fun, nor is losing a favorite champ when its not on rotation.

Its like this:
You live in the only town in the world that can still produce gas.\
They charge you $20 bux a gallon.
Do you want to walk, or pay that money and actually go places in a decent timeframe.
Oh, did i mention that the streets are near trafficless and that sidewalks are crowded because of the ridiculous prices?
...oh, and bikes and other traveling devices are not allowed. yes, that includes your cruddy time machine back to when bikes were aloud.

Riot TAUNTS you into buying ridiculously priced RP. And now the are more or less forcing it on us with their champions being as high priced as they are. Keep the RP cost, lower the IP cost to 3150.

Riot, give these people a bike and let them get places like it was before!
Because i didnt feel like editing, id also love to add the fact that riot DOES NOT NEED MONEY.

Have you ever seen riot talk about why stopping champion production wont accelerate the other features' production?

Its because they dont need money atm. They need to find people to hire so that they can get more work done. Firing the champion production team will not benefit anyone unless they really are feeling greedy and sadistic for some awkward reason. Not that they ever will.

Hence, i cannot comprehend the reason for their prices. I have seen them state that money is not an issue for them before, tho i cannot quote it off the top of my head. Once again tho, riot does NOT need money right now, the need STAFF.

So...once again....6300 IP champions near constantly utterly Confuses me.

On another note: 6300 = BEOO = B.O. = Body Odor.

Nobody like body odor riot. Please take the little effort to rid us of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Old King Crow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Perhaps Riot should lower the price of a 6300 IP champion to 3150 IP every time (or at least every other time) they release a new 6300 IP champion?

If this keeps up, 75% of the champions in this game will be ridiculously high priced. It's half the reason there are so many barely played 6300 champs. Half of them are top tier, so people can only afford to purchase two or three of them, and almost everyone gets the same ones. This leaves champions like Cassiopeia sitting alone in the store.

Hey, I'd love to play some Cass, but when I could pick up Swain, Anivia, Vlad, Nocturne, Corki, etc.
instead, why would I?

Semi-TL;DR: 6300 IP champs should make up 1/3 of the champions in the store, 3150 being another 1/3 and 450/1350 IP champs being the other 1/3. Lower the prices of older champions to reflect this even split, and the QQing will stop.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CheeseBurguer

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Comon Riot release 3150 champions more frequently,you guys werent having problems last year and people werent having problems with the pricing system back then.Lowering prices of 3 generic and cheap champions and releasing 4800 champions arent excuses


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dabba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjustice View Post
Semi-TL;DR: 6300 IP champs should make up 1/3 of the champions in the store, 3150 being another 1/3 and 450/1350 IP champs being the other 1/3. Lower the prices of older champions to reflect this even split, and the QQing will stop.
No it won't. There are people that will always complain, no matter what you give them. You give these people an inch and they want a foot, give them a foot and they want a yard, give them a yard and they want a mile. Give them a mile and they complain that they have too far to walk.

They recently dropped the IP cost of several older champs, and these people complained about that too. They won't stop complaining until they are handed everything on a silver platter for nothing, and then they will start complaining again when Riot goes out of business from lack of funds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zealot644

Member

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabba View Post
Oh goodie, explaining more basic economics principles to the kiddies, only to have them downvote me and call me names. Good times.

Ok here is the next lesson:

In economic terms a necessity is an item you cannot live without. Food, shelter, etc. In the current marketplace gasoline is a necessity item for most people. They require gasoline to get to work, to get their kids to school, to get to the grocery store to buy food, etc. This is why gas is classified as a necessity.

LoL champs are a luxury item. You can live without them, you can live without LoL (despite what you might think, you can live without video games entirely). Therefore video games and related content are luxury items.

Luxury items and Necessity items do not follow the same economic rules.

See the difference?

Market dictates pricing: This is not debatable. You don't have to like it, many people don't, but in a free market economy it is a stone cold fact.
Are you pissed about being scammed for stupid gas prices?

How about being pissed about being scammed for stupid champion prices?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vindrel

Senior Member

05-13-2011

I don't get why everyone is talking about the economy considering when Riot controls how much your IP is worth(the per game nerf being the most recent event, yes we all know it was a nerf and your numbers are BS Riot). That and you can't apply things such as supply and demand I mean really.

Honestly all Riot has to do is release 2 champs that are 1350-450 and then they can go back to to shelling them out for 6300-4800, classic look at my hand over here, they already attempted this with lowering the price of older champs, but no one fell for it or really cared at all.