What kind of content do you want to see?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rinoa

eSports Coordinator

05-11-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey everyone, I am really hoping to see the competitive discussion forums become more active and become a more official source for the LoL community to come over and find discussions revolving around tournaments, streams, top teams and general competitive strategy. I'd like to see this instead of scattered threads in general discussion.

What are some things you would like to see in terms of content? Do you want to see official threads created during match streams? What else?

SuicideSnowman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2011

I know this is obvious but I think the number one feature I'd like to see is a game replays like Starcraft 2.

Being able to watch and analyze matches makes a lot more sense than trying to watch live streams. Especially given the nature of a 10 player game.

Schultzy

05-11-2011

Spectator mode and replays.

Seriously, this.

Being able to watch something like jungle paths, how the pros use champs, or just something as simple as where to place wards would really help out with less experienced players.

That, and it'd be really neat to watch.

Refugee

05-11-2011

Tournament event calendar.

Scabadoobop

Recruiter

05-11-2011

I think we need a Solo Queue and a Duo Queue option. Give them their own separate branch of ELO, but retain the way teams are matched or something of this sort. Should solve the Solo Queue =/= Duo Queue debates.

Replays/Spectator mode of course - we understand this is in the works.

As far as the competitive discussion section being more in use, I bet if topics related to that were moved to that section people would start to go there more. As it stands, players will generally post in the General Discussion as thats where everything is posted currently and they'd feel as if their posts will go unnoticed.

A less obvious but important in its own way idea (which I'm sure has been brought up numerous times) is that the champions menu in our client need to provide each champion's passive skill. Specially when, using Vayne as an example, her ultimate clearly states somewhere how it quadruples the effect of her passive. Yeah sure, the player who lurks the forums and anxiously awaits spotlights and what have you will know what the passive does. The average joe shmoe who doesn't visit the forum will sit there scratching his head or even think "wow her passive attack (rightclick) by x4!".

Though everyone's case is surely different, the tribunal will definitely start to filter out the bad eggs though I fear what length trolling 5's teams will go to abuse it in the form of a majority vote.

The list goes on and I'm sure I'll remember more in the future. Thanks for taking the time to address the community about such things.

I am very happy to see this thread posted and would very much like to see many players post some creative and innovative ideas to further progress this discussion.

xazzax

05-11-2011

All champion spotlights have like 10000 of coments like "new map?".. but leave trolls.

.. for me.. i want early patch notes. It gives great insight for tournament players. We have more time to change our setup/bulids.

Scabadoobop

Recruiter

05-11-2011

Early patchnotes are great, however they are seldom left untouched by the time the patch goes live. This causes many players whom spent a lot of time theorycrafting about the numbers to get upset. While I would love to see early patchnotes, I like their previews because it shows us what's in store without releasing those numbers that cause everyone to go nuts.

TwoDown

05-11-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...142&highlight=

You could always start doing what I suggested 3 months ago and got completely ignored.

But seriously, I think you may have already blown it. You have proven time and again that the competitive scene isnt that important to you. If it was, you would have already made replays and observer mode.

Most tournament streams are completely unwatchable btw: not because of Own3d being down a lot of the time, but because the casters are terrible. Most of them dont know what they are talking about, never watch the minimap, and rarely bring any high level discussion to the table. Hell, even Phreak, the supposed ace commentator for riot does a terrible job most of the time. Focus on action, not what masteries everyone has grabbed. CS is a good stat to know, but you dont need to spend 5 minutes and miss a kill every time you hit tab. Phreak may be a good color commentator, as in he knows a lot and can bring information, but he should never have control of a camera. He is terrible at it. Saintvicious did one streamcast of a game and was able to tell where the enemy jungle and roam eve was without even having observer mode: he just had that much game experience and was able to call everything. A special hint for you: when high level players have to mute the stream because the information that is being presented is that bad, you may have a problem. Hell, Im not even high level and I couldnt stand the stream.

blackfenix

05-11-2011

Spectator mode like Guild Wars is implemented , the ability to see the important matches (tornaments) or certain clan or particular player with some minutes of delay.
A full UI only dedicated to tournaments with the ladder and each replay of each bracket, ability to see players profile etc.
A trophy room, where people can show off they skins, achievements and champions unlocked, and top rating each Season.
Special rewards to ranked games, like specials skins when players reach some ranked, extra IP when player win XXX games without loosing.
Store UI revamped, with the ability to choose 1 champion and we can see all the skins he have, Click on a skin we see a text where we can read if the skin its a recolor, new voice, new dance etc...
Video Preview of each skins in store .
Gender change skins.
Mastery pages.
New and revamp some summoner spells

Phat Pat

05-11-2011

I want Rinoa commentating on everything. In different voices...