!?! why even play kog !?! (not raging, i promise)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZestyJesty

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hqwxuz View Post
Wait don't they need to stand in ur null void for it to do that much dmg??

Unless you count the ult but that has a long cool down. KogMaw can use his w every 17 seconds or so. Even less if you have cdr and it lasts 6 seconds.
You need to be a lot closer to use null void as Malz, than kog has to be to use bio-arcane barrage.

W lasts for six seconds, madreds lasts forever.

Hqwxuz

05-05-2011

malz isn't half as good a ranged dps as kog >> whoever said that was obviously trolling

Lucavious

05-06-2011

Rookey thanks again for your replies, I feel like those two posts alone have improved my playstyle with kog twofold. I had given up on Madreds in favor of early Malady but the problem is although Malady is fantastic when you get it, it becomes useless by mid-game. Switching to Madreds followed by Frozen Mallet has increased my kill count just by virtue of the fact that they can't get away. I've also been having fun intimidating opponents by oozing them in the face and chasing with barrage.

For runes I use normal MP5 instead of per level since his energy is only an issue early game and magic penetration because I don't have anything better.

Any other tips you can provide?

ZestyJesty

05-06-2011

Well, i only use mp5/level runes because i'm too cheap to buy flats and i already have per levels.

The thing about malady is that its really nice against opponents that have low MR, and it gives you attack speed, which is what you need to take advantage of madreds and bio-arcane barrage. The only time you should get malady is if your team has no other significant source of magic damage (no AP carry) which rarely ever happens. You should get it after madreds regardless.

Usually my item build goes something like this:
boots + 3 hp pots, afetr my starting items, i'll either get boots of swiftness, or a madreds razor depending on how well your lane is going, and whether you feel you need mobility or if you think you have the luxury to farm.

While building your Blood Razor, i recommend building the razor then the bow, with the pickaxe last. Sometimes, its a good idea to pick up a vamparic scepter while you have the razor and the bow to help you stay in lane for longer (you can use it later to make either a starks or a blood thirster depending on what you need).

After MBR, there are two items i build, the order depends on whether or not my team is supporting me well enough. If i'm taking too much damage and dying occaisionally i'll get frozen mallet next, its the safe build, and probably the most effective.

If i'm like 4-0 or better, and i'm not worried about an assasin type jumping me sometimes i'll get a Black Cleaver before my frozen mallet. It boosts not only your damage, but the physical damage of your whole team on whoever your hitting. It also gives attack speed, which is always a plus for koggy.

either way your first two items should be boots and MBR, followed by Frozen mallet, and black cleaver (if your going AD), if your in one of those situations where your team is lacking magic damage, get a malady instead of the cleaver, followed by a wit's end, for more attack speed, magic damage, and MR.

Lucavious

05-09-2011

So Rookey, I think you could post an entire guide based on these three posts in these thread. Given the rising number of Kog'Maw build threads I'll bet the information would be pretty well received. I'd give you a thumbs up anyway

Chingmeister

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatrabe View Post
Theres only one thing kog'maw needs to be viable: His tank killing ability better than anyone else in the game.

This guy clearly doesn't have a clue. Attack speed is NOT limited to one per second. The AP scaling may be the same, but madred's costs less than 400 AP so thats another advantage for Kog.

Late game, malz may have 700 AP and deal 16% for 5 sec, thats 80%! At the same time Kog has madred's, 200 AP and 2 attacks per second, he deals 12% an attack, thats 24% a second meaning 144% over 6 sec (120% in 5 sec). Sure they have MR, you have Void staff.

If your tank can hold up the enemy, Kog wrecks tanks and bruisers better than ANY OTHER champion in the game.
This is false.

If your tank can hold up the enemy. Malz hits harder than Koggie even single target.

Using the Kogmaw build Greatrabe posts (2 attacks/second and 200 AP), Malz hits for 11% per second with pool and 8% with MBR for 19% per second. Voidlings also hit for about 100/second (5% of a 2k hp target), and with a max CDR Koggie build, Malz can have 2 out, for another 200 dps (10% of a targets life/second).

So single target, Malz hits for roughly 29% life/second with voidlings and the koggie build you gave.

Malz is better single target dps, better AoE because his pool hits AoE, he has a silence and Ult to stop channeled spells, built in mana regen (so you can build even higher AS, easier laning, and an ult that stops anyone from killing you in 2 seconds.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but any build on Koggie is still better on Malz. I'm not trolling. I'm merely observing facts. The facts say Malz is a better Koggie than Koggie.

Krimblast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2011

Kog is strong, but hes getting pwnd a lot lately, mainly because 80% of new champs have dash + cc. This is something that kills kog.

Hqwxuz

05-09-2011

Position....

oh and the malz thing is null and void XD they're nerfing him

also i think madreds is a better first item on kog than malady. Try getting a void staff as your last item as most of your dmg is magic

ZestyJesty

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavious View Post
So Rookey, I think you could post an entire guide based on these three posts in these thread. Given the rising number of Kog'Maw build threads I'll bet the information would be pretty well received. I'd give you a thumbs up anyway
Thanks for the support man, i might use these posts and some other posts i made about koggy a while back (if i can find them) as a basis for a guide, i'm fairly busy and dont have much time to play (i mainly post/read forums from my phone at work and stuff).

Something i think i forgot to mention is masteries, i always (unless i do AP for fun) go 21/0/9 with kog, one thing to note about the 21 is that i pick up the 4 in ap/level, 3 in attack speed, 4 in cdr, 1 in 15% spell pen, 3 in armor pen, 2 in minion damage, 3 in attack damage and one in the 5% damage.

I personally never play kog with crit, i used to get a phantom dancer back in the day when it had dodge, but i havent since they removed it. Critting doesnt help madreds, or bio-arcane barrage, so the points in crit chance and crit damage would be wasted in any of my builds. (i have to put one point into crit chance, theres no way around it).

GaryDaSnail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2011

prob jus start out with diff starter items and have better early game so late game isnt as bad.