Flip Camera Option [Please Riot Please]

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Janovjev

07-21-2010

siiiiiiigned!

Jetware

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjor View Post
Simple. RIOT solves it. xD
It is their job right? To make this game enjoyable for everyone.
thanks for your constructive response.

yes, i realize it is Riot's job to fix this, I am merely playing a bit of Devil's advocate here and pointing out a potential problem to the people who want this implemented so badly. yes Riot can fix it, but some constructive feedback from the people who watch the forums certainly never hurt anyone, and if it gives Riot an brilliant solution to an issue so they don't have to go and figure it out, then that means all the more time to spend on all the other new features we all want added. no harm in throwing out the question there, often times the people using the forums are pretty **** smart and can think their way around it before Riot even gets to the post :P

Kahimi

07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtchizobr View Post
yes yes yes. emphatically, YES

i started a timer some while back -- if this issue is not addressed before the timer is up, i'm leaving LoL and never speaking anything but ill of it ever after.

it is that much of a problem.
lol

(dork)

Scrooge

07-22-2010

Please!!!!

MXncRnA8TOahmoK7

07-23-2010

To fix the communication issues, don't make it optional. Every player in the game should start in the bottom left corner. The only difference between blue and purple should be dragon/baron placement.

Mrquest

07-23-2010

I'm sure there is some way that pinging could be solved--like your ping corresponds to the same place regardless of if it's flipped or not, (it is just the minimap afterall). I support the loathing of the purple side!

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetware View Post
my only question to you all is: how can this work without the entire team having the same viewpoint? yes pinging would be transferable just using a coordinate system easy enough, but what if i'm playing with a view that's 180 degrees rotated compared to your own? suddenly i'm saying "look out top!" and you have no idea what's coming because you're bottom on your own screen.

Is there a way around this? If so then I fully support this request. The only way I can see to do it though is to make it so every game you are always going the same way, regardless of what team you're on. In retrospect that actually might just be nice anyway, to always be going the same way.
Top lane is top for everyone, whether ur blue base or purple base, so even if u switch ur camera angle so that it looks like ur bottom base when ur actually top, saying "watch out top lane" wouldn't be a problem, and this is exactly the reason why Riot should switch the camera angle to 180 degrees and nothing else because any other angle would make it confusing...

Rayven

UX Designer

05-08-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

As long as this this got necro'd, I might as well answer it.

There is a technical reason we cannot implement camera flip at this time. There may be some design considerations as well (mandatory to avoid unfair advantage?). Not for me to say, though.

As a UI guy, I like the idea b/c it would put players on more equal footing as far as HUD blocking important areas during laning.

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

05-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
unfair advantage
What unfair advantage?

Coobie

05-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
As long as this this got necro'd, I might as well answer it.

There is a technical reason we cannot implement camera flip at this time. There may be some design considerations as well (mandatory to avoid unfair advantage?). Not for me to say, though.

As a UI guy, I like the idea b/c it would put players on more equal footing as far as HUD blocking important areas during laning.
It's pretty unfair right now how because of the camera angle, you can hide behind creeps/turrets in some ways depending on what team you are on right now. I loved this option in beta and i don't understand why you guys took this out. Hope to see it back soon.

123456 ... 8