Introducing RAFManager: 1 Second Skin Install/Uninstalls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotWarty

05-06-2011

I'm idea farming for Dargon! See http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...give_us_ideas/

RAF Manager's successor is coming soon! Follow ItzWarty at http://www.twitter.com/#!/ItzWarty/ for updates. Send me feature requests, too!

---
In the next few days, I will be pointing www.ItzWarty.com to a different server. This will be the new home of Dargon.
When Dargon is released, RAF Manager clients will be updated and migrated towards the Dargon platform.

Follow me on Twitter for more information.
---

Working as of June 2012 (I will update this thread if the program ever breaks)! Please reply to the thread with feedback!
For those of you with hexacore processors, you'll have to download RAF Manager at the (in-development) website, here: -redacted-
Note: You need to unzip files before you drop them into RAF Manager!!!

RAF Manager allows you to replace the resource files of League of Legends. RAF Manager also supports a scripting language which allows for other things such as conditional packing, or modification of configuration files. RAF Mount allows users to mount the League of Legends resource files (*.raf) as Virtual Hard Drives. Starting from version 1.6.0, RAF Manager's packing mechanism is multithreaded!

Quote:
Hey, I'm ItzWarty. I've been developing and managing the RAF Manager Project for almost half a year ago
Post feedback please! You can also tweet to @ItzWarty (http://Twitter.com/ItzWarty/) if you need any assistance.
Quote:
RAF Manager - Download: http://www.ItzWarty.com/ or www.mediafire.com/?jqskto3cfslmitd
Older versions can be downloaded from http://www.ItzWarty.com/raf/releases/
I'd like more programmers to join the project. If you feel qualified, email ItzWarty/at/gmail.com

Colorblind Mods Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?4iob0sex70p0g2s <- install w/ RAF Manager
Quote:
1.1 Introduction to RAF Manager
RAF Manager is an application which permits users to modify the League of Legends Client's resource files, which are contained in RAF Archives (Riot Archive Format Archives). This permits users to modify the appearance of their client, through means such as changing the texture files of characters, which defines what the character's coloring looks like. Other things you can do include changing the colors of minions, their colors on the minimap, changing the visual appearance of the HUD, changing the text displayed by the game, and so on and so forth. In other words, RAF Manager lets you do a lot =)

While there is no red post in this thread, I have spoken to multiple rioters about the application, and it is in no way something which they seem to want to clamp down on any time soon =) The use of RAF Manager is not a ban-able offense (nor can it be easily detected by the client).
Quote:
2.1 Installing RAF Manager
Installing RAF Manager is as simple as downloading its executable + other files associated with it.
Simply go to http://www.ItzWarty.com/RAF/ and download the RAF Manager binaries. RAF Manager is guaranteed clean (Imagine the trouble I'd be in if it wasn't!)

Important Note:
For some clients (Presumably those who have UAC on) RAF Manager won't run properly. For example, the user
will not have pack operations working properly.

To remedy this, go to the League of Legends folder, right click it->Security->Advanced (button) ->Owner->Edit
Take ownership of the League of Legends directory... or the Riot Games directory. Also, try to run RAF Manager as an administrator.

2.1.1 How to use RAF Manager:
Note: I still recommend you back up your C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_game_client\filearchives folder

The guide on using RAF Manager is now located within the RAF Manager client! Go to About->Simple Guide.
Note that YOU MUST close RAF Manager before going in game, or it will crash. After packing, you must RESTART the game client in its entirety, including the AIR Client!!!
You may also view JumpInThePack's tutorial on RAF Manager: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLwme0ML6oA
In addition, I am creating video guides on how to use RAF Manager. See: http://youtube.com/ItzWarty/

2.1.2 How to Uninstall Skins with RAF Manager:
1) Start RAF Manager
2) Open your previous project, or just create a new one and put your skins in.
3) Uncheck the checkboxes for the skins you want to uninstall
4) File->Pack

2.1.3 How to dump files/directories from the RAF Archive
Note: This uses the same code as RAF Packer/Dumper, so dumping 0.0.0.25 can take from 10 to 20 minutes.
There is a tree-view on the left, that shows the contents of the RAF Archives. Find whatever you want to dump [select an archive, directory, or file], right click->Dump.
Quote:
Release Notes
Version 1.6.0 (10 December 2011, 3:07 pm pst)
- RAF Manager is now multithreaded. You can configure how many threads RAF Manager uses
through the "options" tab. It defaults to how many logical processors your computer has.
- RAF Manager's Update GUI nonstop while working thing is disabled now. Useless printlines
took some time to write to the buffer.
- RAF Manager's "whine about file names" thing is now an option which is automatically
disabled. You can also enable this through the "options" tab.
Quote:
FAQ
League of Legends crashes after running RAF Manager and changing files:
File handles weren't released properly by RAF Manager. Simply close RAF Manager, and if that fails, restart your computer. It will work after.

Can I be banned for using RAF Manager?
No, Riot remains pretty neutral on the topic of modding their game. If anything, though, they seem very open to it. The RAF Manager thread has been here for half a year. Riot has not moved or deleted it.

When I packed a skin, it crashed my game. What can I do?
A while back, Riot changed the structure of a lot of their resource files. Not all older client mods will work nowadays.

How can I get more support for RAF Manager?
Contact me at Http://www.Twitter.com/ItzWarty/

How can I suggest features to RAF Manager?
Simply reply to this thread!

How can I donate to you?
I don't take donations! I truly appreciate the support I get for RAF Manager. Every few games I will have a conversation similar to:
"Hey, weren't you the one who wrote RAF Manager?"
"Yes"
"Thank you so much!"

RAF Manager crashes due to a "File Handle" error
If another application is referencing the LoL Archive files (such as the game/air clients themselves), then RAF Manager won't be able to operate on them. RAF Manager needs to be the only application working on the files, when it is run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve Thunder View Post
solution:
Be on an admin account on windows 7
Navigate to the install folder (Isn't it c:\program files\riot games ?)
Right click on the Riot Games folder
Click properties, then switch to the security tab
Click Edit (with the little admin shield next to it)
A new dialog opens. Click Add. Type in "everyone" where it says "enter object names to select"
Click ok. Now in the box that is under "group or user names" you should see that "everyone" you just typed in. Click it. Mosey on down to "permissions for everyone" and check the box under "allow" for "full control" then click ok. Then click ok on the properties dialog.

Explanation:
Windows 7 doesn't let non-admin accounts modify files in the default program files directory by default. You add the permissions to "full control" to "everyone" to JUST the riot games folder (and all sub-folders by proxy) and then the rafmanager program can actually modify the archives used by the LoL client.

Alternate solution:
Run rafmanager as an administrator. But chances are that the above will be a better long-term solution.
Have fun modding!

Bandersnatcho55

05-06-2011

Yay moar custom skinz for everyone!!!

Warscythes

05-06-2011

Warty said upvote this

nuthusk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

whats the point? other ppl dont see ur skins..

also wartzy are u a programmer

Lava

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

Hi

AlistarCanBePro

05-06-2011

AlistarCanBePro, and thanks to these custom skins

HE WILL BE Muahahahaha

T3ni3nte Dan

05-06-2011

congratulations, this is gonna be usefull.

Reiver

05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthusk View Post
whats the point? other ppl dont see ur skins..

also wartzy are u a programmer
Because people like to have custom looks for their champions that players made that they think look cool.

And no, warty is a high school student (notice he's taking AP tests)

He's just pro

RiotWarty

05-06-2011

Previous Release Notes
Now at http://www.itzwarty.com/raf/releases/latest/updatenotes.txt

Previous Bugs, Solutions, Feature Requests, Etc
o Dragging a RAF Manager Project (*.rmproj) into RAFManager will open the project
o DUMP file menu is now available through right clicking the file tree
o About menu will actually do something
o RAFManager requires LoL be located in the C:/ drive. - this is no longer the case.
o Skin entries cannot be deleted - you can now delete them through right clicking their entries. The delete button brings up a whining message box.
o Editing through the text viewer feature is now possible for txt, ini, and cfg files.
o Fix minimize bug - the UI no longer goes berserk when the application minimizes.

Milestones
May 8 2011 1:52am- 100 upvotes
May 10, 2011 - 150 upvotes
May 16, 2011 - 200 upvotes
June 17, 2011 - 300 upvotes
... and then we stopped counting.

RAF Manager gets hundreds of thousands of application runs per month.

Maha

05-06-2011

Yay custom skins easy enough for me to bother again !