*sigh* It's Official, LoL is hacked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmniOblivion

05-03-2011

This happened to one of my games with a Rammus. His figure still appeared, but his HP and summoner name disappeared, only to find a "ninja" Rammus ramming my ass and taunting it.

ShadyStories

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

Dat Necro.

omnishaz

05-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Movement is all server-authoritative. If a client computer is lagging (intentional or not), his champion behaves normally to everyone else, following the last order he successfully transmitted to the server, and he experiences lag on his machine.
If people are able to use this to their advantage how is any different than an exploit? Its not. This is a game ruining bug that only incompetence could keep it going for this long. If there are game ruining issues they need to be fixed, not excused.

Oh that? Yeah, just a graphic bug that ruins the game. Yeah, no thats normal.
This thread is quite old. Problem still exists. Solution coming Soon!

Jeffls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot247 View Post
This Mordekaiser was using an obvious map hack. He had a cloned version of himself that he could port to at will all across the map. Every time he was about to die, he would "dissapear", leaving a ghost-like version of himself that would just stay there, invulnerable. While his ghost version was still there, he could be across the map, having ported to an ally of ours to finish them off, Shen style (no, he didn't use the summoner spell port). When we asked him about it, his teammates just replied "oh, that is just your latency"... me and my 5 teammates did NOT experience latency, we saw an obvious hack being employed. More comments from his team led me to conclude that they were in on it too.

When we demonstrated proof that he was "two places at once", he said he was simply using ghost. I have played this game since beta... ghost doesn't give us 4000 movement speed, last time I checked.

I bring this to everyone's attention in hopes that Riot can find out how to stop this. Also, everyone please be on the lookout and provide Riot with as much evidence as you can. REPORT IT! This is a great game. I don't wanna see it burn in flames because some people actually feel some weird sense of accomplishment, having hacked to "win".
And yet not a single screenshot.

Ahri Losing

05-03-2011

Quote:
This is not someone hacking, but some sort of network bug that occasionally causes players to have problems seeing another particular player correctly, often manifesting itself as the target seeming to teleport. We've had difficulties tracking down this bug, so any information you can provide is helpful. Stuff like - when the game occurred and summoner names, champions selected, items, who got bugged/desynced, any other interesting circumstances.

It's quite a nasty bug and we have top men on it, but we haven't found it yet. Fortunately (and unfortunately) it doesn't happen often.

Thanks,
Guinsoo
I don't know about having a particular champion appear on the map (as that's never happened to me and my roomates) but a couple of times when we used to play together we would randomly just lag out.

Let me explain what I mean, I would no longer be able to move but I can see chat and other's moving and watch them kill me even.

After a while our game would Disconnect then when we came back there were mobs fighting on the screen forever, they would also show up on the map. They had no health bars and couldn't be killed but they were there.

This bug hasn't happened in a while but I remember it quite well it was extremely annoying. I think leaving the game and re-joining fixed it.

ShinoTheGreat

05-04-2011

So you consider people who want to hack new launcher just to play its so unfair to us SEA players cant play a international game.we dont care if we have LoL ph it effin terrible n sucks like hell.

JudoPunch

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot247 View Post
YUP! This is EXACTLY what he was doing. What the video shows is only a small scale of it. Our morde would literally do this across the map and not just in a small area.
ok, hes not teleporting he IS lagging. Hes not 'all over the map', your just not getting the packets as to where he IS moving to. Common sense, hes not showing up top lane from botem lane, hes following your champion running at the same speed, the difference is there is a miscomunication (possibly an exploit) and the game is not sending you all of his molded position data.

Maby he took teleport to get across the map, but he cant hack the system and tell the server 'im at X' the server will lol at him and say 'no your at Y'. Conversly you could be seeing a lag ghost that has been existing for 30 or 40 seconds. But he is most certainly lagging.

Liath

05-04-2011

necro some pics too

Liath

05-04-2011

Quote:
It's quite nasty and we have men on top [of] it

Thanks,
Guinsoo
I'm sure you do.

Adhunt

05-05-2011

Yea we had a Xin that had a stationary clone of himself on teh other side of the map, was just a glitch