"The launcher has experienced an error please restart the application"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kamtae

03-16-2010

"If you receive a Windows error citing, "The launcher has experienced an error please restart the application," the easiest, and most likely, resolution to your issue will be to reinstall the game using the reinstall guide in this knowledge base. It is very important than you use the guide to ensure you're obtaining the latest version of our setup files. You should also verify that you have the latest Windows service pack installed on your computer.

• For Windows XP the most recent service pack is SP3
  • For Windows XP 64 bit the most recent service pack is SP2
  • For Windows Vista the most recent service pack is SP2
Verify that you also have the latest update to your Microsoft .NET Framework. You can download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 here.
Other causes of these errors are usually corrupt setup files, either from downloads or files on a CD. Re-downloading and reinstalling League of Legends may solve the issue, but the problem may also be related to bad hardware (motherboard, hard drives, and RAM problems are common).
If you feel the errors are occurring for other reasons not mentioned, please send an email to support@riotgames.com and include a dxdiag as well as your patcher_lib.log. Riot would very much like to gather information from you to improve the patching system."

I have done all the other solutions reinstalled twice redownloaded twice and reinstalled Windows XP SP3, I have also updated framework and directx, please help me with a solution as I get the error message whenever I open the launcher, before last nights patch I was able to log in and play with no errors. By the looks of things I'm not the only one with this problem. Please help thankyou.

- Kamtae

Aki Tensai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamtae View Post
By the looks of things I'm not the only one with this problem. Please help thankyou.

- Kamtae
My original install was in a different than default folder without mods and failed for me on the patch. I reinstalled to the default location and worked fine.

Were your reinstalles to the default location or to a custom location?

Kamtae

03-17-2010

All my installations are to default areas, I really dunno what the problem is as I've been able to patch fine previously, any suggestions on what to do? I'm completely stuck for ideas and this error is annoying me I'd really like to play this game again sometime soon.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

03-18-2010

From your previous patcher log it looks like you were able to update the game to the latest version, can you post your newest patcher log now that the game is updated?

*You may also benefit from an Adobe AIR reinstall, http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...+and+Adobe+Air

Kamtae

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
From your previous patcher log it looks like you were able to update the game to the latest version, can you post your newest patcher log now that the game is updated?

*You may also benefit from an Adobe AIR reinstall, http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...+and+Adobe+Air

that is my most up to date log mate it still has that error im once again redownloading and reinstalling everything if this doesnt work well then either i go buy retail which i really dont think il do or im going to just have to give up on LoL till the next big patch il try the adobe aswel but i dont think it will make too much of a difference