Evidence to proof Low ELO Hell probably exists, and the injustice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best player EU

05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan4life View Post
If there are terrible players in your elo, then it is your job to capitalize on their mistakes and minimize the damage of your own team's lack of skill. The baddies are as likely to be on your team as they are on the enemy team, so there shouldn't be a consistent (dis)advantage over a large sample of games.
That is why some people believe Low Elo hell "cannot" exist. But when it is for me literally loss after loss after loss it has to be some sort of problem or extreme amount of bad luck. I also notice that in ranked there tend to be MUCH more noobs and i win a lot more unranked games. I have no idea why :/

Smoker L

05-02-2011

I feel you man, yet im luckier than you, took me long enough to get to 1600+ on my main acc.

Too many players got carried hard... Riot should make a better formula for the elo system?..zzzz
however, pretty sure this will make people care even more about their KDR

wanna play together sometime?

chide da jungler

05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyWilco View Post
That is why some people believe Low Elo hell "cannot" exist. But when it is for me literally loss after loss after loss it has to be some sort of problem or extreme amount of bad luck. I also notice that in ranked there tend to be MUCH more noobs and i win a lot more unranked games. I have no idea why :/
I can't really comment on the difference between ranked and unranked matchmaking because I don't know if they are even based off the same algorithms. I have a feeling that the matchmaking in unranked games is done with an emphasis on putting matches together quickly, but that is truly an uneducated statement.

If you work on your skills, diversity of roles, leadership, map awareness, warding and general knowledge of countering the various champions and team compositions, then you will move up in ranked elo. It will happen. You can do it.

Best player EU

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker L View Post
wanna play together sometime?
Sure thing

Azwraithe

05-04-2011

I personally dont have a lot of succes in solo queue... I don't know i played 3 games solo queue and 3 games duo queue. Lost the 3 solo queue and won the 3 duo queue.I even won a 4vs5 duo queue so the real answer to your elo issues is going for duo queues only IMO

Stolifiend

05-04-2011

After about say 100 games, deviation is pretty much knocked out of the elo system. If you have played a large quantity of games, its almost certain that the common factor (ie you), is largely responsible for the elo you are at. The closer your win/loss is to 50% after a decent portion of games (ie 50+), the more likelihood that you are indeed at your true elo.

The reason this is true is that once you account for the vast boost you have for like the first 20 games, you can pretty much look at your record use the formula 1200 + (Wins - Losses)*12, and get VERY close to your elo, give or take some deviation for dodges, games played above and below your level etc.

Rorric

05-05-2011

I feel peoples pain. I recently came back to the game and like to think of my self as a decent player. I consistently have a kd ratio of around 3.1. But I dont think that stat is what makes a good player. I know how to lane and I NEVER lose my lane. I rarely get ganked, and I seem like to only one who knows how to by sight/vision wards.

I also don't understand why when I started games I lose 45 points for a loss and when I would win I would only get 11. So I hover around .500 wins/losses and my elo is stuck at 900 give or take. I constantly get stuck with people who AFK or are having computer issues. I understand people make mistakes and learn more of the game as they go. I started ignoring people (because I was told that if you ignore them you would be grouped with them again, which I found out isnt true) But Shouldn't they have learned this stuff before level 30? Its frustrating and think I'm done with this game again. Until somethings changed.

Stolifiend

05-05-2011

also elo does not = skill. It gives a numerical "guide" to relative skill levels, however, all elo really tracks is wins over .500 till you get to a point where you either a) lose more than 50% of your games or b) break even or c) keep on winning.

Cryptys

05-08-2011

Well first off I can tell you that there are "downies" in every elo bracket so get used to it. The only difference I believe is how much your team wants to win (generally).

Disclaimer before I give advice: If you're ~900 elo you probably aren't good. The problem with games of this type if everyone thinks they're super 1337 pro when they're, in fact, terrible. Even pro streams of LoL are rarely impressive compared to HoN streams but that's another story.

1) As someone said earlier, have around 2-3 champions that you are insanely god-mode with. I mean get so good at these champions that even if you lose you have multiple early game kills and 100+ cs at 15 minutes or whatever. For me, these champions are Nidalee and Irelia.

2) If you're one of the higher elo players at champion selection, try to get one of these champions for yourself but MAKE SURE it fits within the rest of the team. Your teammates may not give a **** about that, but it is your job to care. For instance, many games I want to play Nidalee but if my teammates already picked 0 cc champions then picking Nidalee would be a sure loss. If the other team has a Malzahar or champions that can shut down my lane pushing easily with a gank, I don't pick Nidalee. This is probably the most important part of champion selection. And yes, playing a tanky dps carry (like Irelia) is a good idea if you are good b/c for some reason everyone in this game wants to pick ap mages or ad carries and feed with them. Also, saying "I ALWAYS win my lane!1" is ignorance b/c some champions just beat yours and sometimes you will be vs them. It is your job to know that unless that player is terrible you can lose your lane and ask for 1 or 2 early game ganks from your jungler.

3) Try to play the style that fits your champion but not if your team cannot be trusted to understand it. What I mean is everyone seems to want to play Rain Man Teemo these days and sit in top lane all game pushing while their team feeds then tell them how horrible they are. At low elo, you cannot trust your team to split push or gank and have the discretion to avoid poor positioned team fights, etc. Therefore, you can no longer be super Rain Man Teemo. It is now time for you to go be "help your team win" teemo. Many players lose tons of games trying a strategy that works for the pros but won't work with your teammates/elo. When I play Nidalee my absolute favorite thing to do is push (or "backdoor" as people in this game call it, even though it's not backdooring at all) towers solo while my team threatens other lanes or controls dragon/baron. However, I can tell pretty early if my team is even capable of that and if not, I play Nidalee as a support healer/poker and ward everywhere to get good ganks.

4) Try to dominate your lane and early low-numbers team fights then lead your team. I have found that if you try to lead your team at 0-2 because you got stuck laning with downie lux that pushes your lane and tower dives then your team will simply go into troll mode and start telling you how awful you are. However, when you are 6-0 Ashe with 150 cs in 15 minutes and just got a triple kill, people suddenly believe you are Hotshotgg on a Smurf account and will follow you to their deaths. Use this. Show your team that you are decent then lead them in the mid/late-game phases so they don't feed or overextend, etc.

5) This goes back to playing champions you are good with, but play champions that you can REALLY farm with. Then use that extra cash to place wards occasionally. No one wants to buy wards when they are playing carries but guess what? You are in elo hell and most likely everyone is playing carries. Therefore, you should get so much cs that you can buy your 2-3 core items and STILL buy wards every time you back. This is invaluable to your team and your personal success level in early laning phase.

6) In reference to your problem where you can ignore people but still be placed in teams with them, my strategy is to ignore them, get up and take a 5 minute break to get a drink or smoke or cool down however it is that you cool down, then go queue up again. This way, you will certainly not be placed on a team with them. It is incredible how many feeding terribads will rage at you while you're in chat for 10 minutes, but the moment you leave the game and requeue they do the exact same thing so they can follow you around and troll you for another loss.

There are tons more tips I could give you, but there just is no magical remedy. I was 1800+ in HoN and so far have only reached ~1550 in LoL. I just went on like a 6 game losing streak with teammates that say "gg game's over" when a lane dies once and loses tower then sits in fountain to ensure your loss. Things like this you simply can't overcome so do your best to minimize these games by having an overall positive attitude and do your best to carry.

Sorry for length.

koolkruse

05-08-2011

You claim to have multiple High Elo friends that are good at playing. You have a good advantage to get out of ELO hell that most people don't. I would make a 5 man premade with some of the best players you know, and before you even hit the start button to go into que, discuss what champion's you are extremely good with/ what you want ur team comp to look like. Once in que/ after banning, start trying to build the team you discussed. I hope this works for you. ( It got me out of a minor ELO hell. I got dropped to 1k for a while, did some premades, got up to 1200, and now im at 1400, still rising on a win streak.)