I hit 515 referral's I get 10 year ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kekou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2011

Bump.

Flipback

04-26-2011

90% Sure your banned for making fake accounts leveling them up for referrals and just getting a recruiter status you didn't deserve?

Ðecode141

04-26-2011

Quote:Terms of Service

Quote:
E. Suspension/Termination.
(1) By Riot Games. RIOT GAMES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU, AND WITH NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND TO YOU.
While how you managed to get 517 referrals is beyond me, Riot would probably be checking the authenticity of these referrals before giving out rewards at higher levels. Checks such as eMail detection, IP addresses, checking if all of them were abandoned at lvl 5, would obviously be made.
If you're confident that your reffs are legit then dw.

Promising any amount of RP is either illegal or against Riot's ToS because you may to resell Riot points, give/take login credentials of another use or give out your CC information to anyone else.
If you've done that and got reported, a 10 year ban seems like a realistic punishment.

As far as trolling is concerned, trolling isn't illegal. While it is not the most community friendly game play, I do not see how non-abusive trolling will get anyone a 10 year ban.

Even if you abuse, you prolly really pissed of a whole crowd of anger summoners to get reported.

You say you have 500+ reffs, then why not get them to upvote you?

As I understand, you've already reported this Riot, while a mistake of a "2" and a "1" is unlikely xD, it might be a glitch.

TL;DR:Either way, you're going to have to wait till they resolve your support ticket.

It is a completely optional and voluntary decision of any individual to buy RP or refer people, for which you're rewarded appropriately. Asking for a different set of rules is just silly.

Maybe, if you "donated" money or knew a Riot employee irl then you could bribe them into doing that.
(Sarcasm ftw).

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

04-26-2011

Serious offenses or violations of the ToS will be issued a perma ban without warning (you should know better).

If you think your ban was in error, please open a ticket at http://support.leagueoflegends.com

As Golin mentioned, purchasing RP or making referrals will do nothing to protect your account from a ban or suspension. If you break the rules, you're still going to get hit.

Xstillfly

04-26-2011

ten years, go raise some kids in that time., more referrals for you .

Ðecode141

04-26-2011

Quote:
Bans and suspensions are private matters between Riot and the specific user account holder, most likely you will not see a response in this thread.
Lol, yeah forgot to mention that. :P

Quote:
ten years, go raise some kids in that time., more referrals for you .
o.O

drdoot

04-26-2011

If the ban is related to referrals, and they are indeed legit, I have some serious concerns.

To put some perspective on smurf accounts:- One of my businesses is a gaming cafe/internet cafe with a lot of new foot traffic - that is, high volumes of new clientelle every day as opposed to repeat visitors. Some want to play games and other wants to check email. Referring new players through this system would be easy, and 500+ referrals wouldn't be too difficult to achieve over a few months. Users would all come from the same IP regions, even though they are different people creating new accounts.

I'm not saying the OP is right or wrong, however a lot of you are quick to jump to conclusions by thinking 515 referrals is a pie in the sky number which nobody could ever achieve without scamming the system. Do you think billionaires are all scammers, too?

Either way there must be more to the story.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

04-26-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Your account was suspended for acquiring referrals through fraudulent means.

Specifically you created videos about "league of legends 10k RP hacks" telling people that they would receive 10k RP by registering through your link and getting to level 5.

This is something that we monitor aggressively, and take action against (including legal content takedowns, and account punitive actions).

ach003

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post

Specifically you created videos about "league of legends 10k RP hacks" telling people that they would receive 10k RP by registering through your link and getting to level 5.

This is something that we monitor aggressively, and take action against (including legal content takedowns, and account punitive actions).
lol wait to commit fraud OP. OWNED.

darklighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post

penjustice has spoken