A New Champion Approaches: Rumble, the Mechanized Menace

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

goku from dbz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

Although they could have been a little more specific with their wording regarding the heat mechanic, I think it's safe to assume Rumble generates heat with his abilities. I'm still not sure though if the heat would be the speed of energy or rage, too fast seems like his passive would be hard to make much use of and too slow would make him easy to be taken out of a fight for a while.

I can't decide what type of build he might be but a bit tanky wouldn't be surprising honestly.

Wolfcub11

04-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by agroszkiewicz View Post
His abilities cost heat. His heat degrades over time.

How does one build heat? Cool mechanic, I'll likely buy him (since mana is played out IMO) but I am a little confused on how he'll work exactly.

O_o How is mana "played out" imo every hero should use mana, like the good ol' days.
Long Live Tinker!

HeartlessXiao

04-21-2011

Meh. It seems Riot has run out of new mechanics to add to champs.

BurntToast

04-21-2011

Mkay not sure people are understanding his heat mechanic. He starts off at ZERO heat and then each of his abilities 'cost heat' in the sense they create heat. Like using a machine causes heat...applied to him. So you have to balance between 50 and 100 heat for maximum effect.

If you want to all out burst you will quickly hit the 100 heat cap and find yourself unable to do anything but auto attack. Sure your auto attacks will hit a bit harder but you cannot use your abilities.

I for one like the idea of this new resource system. I feel like there shouldn't be a benefit added on. I wish it was just 100 heat you are silenced. No need to give a bonus to a resource you should be managing. There are no AP champions who get a bonus when they burn themselves out of mana. No champions with energy get a bonus when they run out of energy. I am sure that it will make more sense when the champ releases but right now I feel like the bonus is unnecessary.

mikkozak

04-21-2011

I guessing we'll see some super cute skins as well. Eventually I'd like a whole 5-man Yordle team. ;p He seems new and interesting, but I'll probably wait till free week to try him out.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

04-21-2011
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Here is a clarification for how his heat works:

He starts at 0 heat with a maximum of (I think) 120. So they have no cost and add X amount to heat from you when you use them. Once you're in the danger zone (at least 50% heat), spells deal bonus damage. The ideal play is usually to cast just enough spells to stay in the danger zone, but sometimes it's worth it to cast extra spells, overheat yourself, and gain bonus damage from the passive.

nastynate600

04-21-2011

Lana.. Lana...Lana.....LANAAAAAAAA.

WHAT?

Danger zone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3D7Y_ycSms

SteelRonin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

Matrix A.P.U. XD

goku from dbz

04-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
One cool point that's not well documented in this preview:

His Equalizer uses drag targeting. You get to choose the start location (detatched from your champion) and then drag for the direction it fires in.
Very interesting Guinsoo! I might actually hold off on spending all this IP I have and send it Rumbles way.

Jakeletwin

04-21-2011

um the description is extremely confusing, if his abilities cost heat and he loses heat over time how the hell does he gain it