Junglestix - A Guide to Jungle Fiddlesticks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Floatzel

08-21-2009

I have been playing fiddle alot lately. Though he is slightly weaker than alot of heroes, smart positioning can be a game winner. I find this works best if one solo is center and you mostly stick to the jungle between the two solos so you can run out to help more.
This strategy is EXTREMELY effective if you have a sivir middle solo so you never have to worry about her

James Pringles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2009

Wow.. Trying this hero out made me appreciate how effective the jungle buffs are.. :O

Thanks for the guide!

Any thoughts on the effectiveness of Doran vs. Elixir? or is it personal preference? I've tried Elixir with great success.

Lafali

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Pringles View Post
Wow.. Trying this hero out made me appreciate how effective the jungle buffs are.. :O

Thanks for the guide!

Any thoughts on the effectiveness of Doran vs. Elixir? or is it personal preference? I've tried Elixir with great success.

I always use Doran. Doran and a health pot. Start with golem, kill the neutral creeps on it's side, kill lizard and the creeps on it's side. By then I'm level 4 and have 1Fear, 2Drain, 1Dark Wind. I go to a lane and start ganking. By the time I have to go b, I have enough gold to get boots, sheen, and start mejai.

FiZiX

Adjudicator

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpb View Post
What makes fiddle great as a jungler is he can get more or less whatever he wants for items and summoner spells and it won't affect his ability to take down that golem. I usually take doran's ring and although I've never actually tried it naked, I'm fairly confident I could take the golem down without any consumables, items, runes, masteries, or summoner spells.

Here's a rough procedure:
1. Whack a lizard a couple times with your auto attack
2. Drain the other lizard (killing it)
3. Finish off the first lizard with more auto attacks
4. Run away
5. Come back and drain the golem
6. After the drain, move around just a little bit to decrease the damage you take durring drain's cooldown but not enough to reset the golem. Repeat until it's dead.
With a doran's ring you can just go there and stand still draining the golem, then auto attacking the golem, then draining golem till it's dead, then auto attack/draining the lizards, leaving with 100% hp and mana. Don't need to move once, and not moving probably finishes them all faster anyway.

weizur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2009

haha this is a nice guide just went 14/0/12 mostly following it

The Mimic

08-31-2009

Thanks for the wonderful feedback ladies and gents. I'm certainly happy you've all enjoyed my guide and are having success playing Fiddle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Pringles View Post

Thanks for the guide!

It's preference. Doran's will help you with some extra max HP (something none of the core items I listed have), mana regen (for when you don't have the golem buff) and spell power. If you want to save some gold so you can pick up your soulstealer earlier (earliest) you can just buy an elixir to help slay golem.

Personally I use Doran's. I like having the extra HP so I can harass or even kill early if I need to. It's up to you.

Phiphler

The Council

08-31-2009

I've been having some success following the build in this guide, nothing spectacular like 25/0/15, but nice scores nevertheless, in games where our enemies didnt fall for the easy traps and knew how to play.

What amazes me is how fast you can go pick up a buff when you level a little, in litteraly seconds you can arm yourself with a powerful buff that either helps chase or provides you with practically limitless mana.

Great guide, I never would have jungled with this hero otherwise.

The Mimic

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiphler View Post
I've been having some success following the build in this guide, nothing spectacular like 25/0/15, but nice scores nevertheless, in games where our enemies didnt fall for the easy traps and knew how to play.

What amazes me is how fast you can go pick up a buff when you level a little, in litteraly seconds you can arm yourself with a powerful buff that either helps chase or provides you with practically limitless mana.

Great guide, I never would have jungled with this hero otherwise.
The best score I've gotten was 18/0/?? with sticks, and yeah... I'm pretty sure I was playing against a bunch of publics with a premade. In some of the more serious games, where it's a lot harder to kill and trap, I typically crowstorm, toss a few spells and run like hell, because my HP is embarrassingly low until I pick up a warmogs late game. Just by damaging with ultimate, fearing then bouncing a few silences around in a team fight you can typically get a kill or two, or at the very least an assist.

I'm glad you've had success with this guide, Phiphler.

Krom

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiZiX View Post
With a doran's ring you can just go there and stand still draining the golem, then auto attacking the golem, then draining golem till it's dead, then auto attack/draining the lizards, leaving with 100% hp and mana. Don't need to move once, and not moving probably finishes them all faster anyway.
Or load up on HP runes and then go kill the Dragon at lv 2 with the help of a couple HP pots and the Elixir.

To each his own, and FYI fiddle is the best hero to jungle with at the start, he also has the advantage of being able to easily kill Warwicks, Yetis, Jaxs, etc early game with the Elixir up.

TigerPrince

09-06-2009

The elixir owns on him! You can outjungle pretty much anyone (including warwick), and then chase them off if you happen to meet in the jungle. Plus ganks are great on him too. Very nice guide.