Why north American People hates Latinos?

12345612 ... 25
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lafua

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by idioSyncr4zy View Post
What if they don't have vent, or any of the other voice chat programs? If you didn't have a voice chat program and were playing a game with a bunch of people who spoke Polish with a friend who also spoke English... you wouldn't try to communicate with them by speaking english in chat because you wouldn't want to be rude to the Polish speaking majority?
If they're all friends I believe they'd all be aware they'd be speaking polish...

I believe what the guy above me was trying to say is when you speak anything other than english when you solo/duo queue, it's not communicating well with you team. Seeing "insert some language here" in team chat and like "huehuehuehue" after is probably going to make your team feel awkward seeing that they have no clue what you're talking about. Imo, best way to handle it, if you can speak english just stick with it. As the guy above said, it is a bit rude to just start talking in a different language in front of people....

And as for "what if they don't have..." The programs are free, they aren't hard to download.

stellsh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

04-15-2011

+1.

but how i see the problems, latins player ( 60% or more ) sucks
and yes, i feel very frustrated when i speak in spanish and they say ''oh stupid mexican''
,mexico isnt the unique country which speak in spanish..

edit : i said im from argentina?(South america..

Lassx

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaru View Post
Don't speak any language other than english in game chat. If you want to speak your language, do it in vent. If you don't speak english in chat, you're going to get flamed for it, and for good reason. People don't know what you're saying, you aren't communicating with your team, and it's kind of rude.
i dont understand why u say that ill be flame for a good reason... the chat is for communicating with all, for example, if i play a 5vs5 game with 3 more friend of me who talk in Spanish,u cant pretend to not speak my main languege with them, just becouse 2 ppl dont understand it, i will talk both languege but ill talk more spanish than english

KRYPTØNITE

04-15-2011

That's the equivalent to going on a french based game and calling them racists for not talking back to you or getting mad at you. Use your logic, God gave it to everyone.

Esaru

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassx View Post
i dont understand why u say that ill be flame for a good reason... the chat is for communicating with all, for example, if i play a 5vs5 game with 3 more friend of me who talk in Spanish,u cant pretend to not speak my main languege with them, just becouse 2 ppl dont understand it, i will talk both languege but ill talk more spanish than english
Because it is a team game, and if 1/2 of your team can't understand a word you're saying, there's a problem. I'm not one to flame people that do this, not at all. But I'll have you know that it feels rude and rather annoying.

Drekor

04-15-2011

There is more to north america than the US

IS1dd0cba794c57948b76b3

04-15-2011

From my experience, I've met a good number of friendly spanish speaking players and they're tolerant of how bad my spanish is and I'm tolerant of how bad their english is. It's just a mutual "we're trying" understanding. However, there are some who actually trash talk the english speakers in spanish, thinking we don't understand what they're saying. There are just some people who hate regardless of which language they speak, it's not just a one way street.

Ultramerican

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassx View Post
I'm sure the sentiment is expressed in a much more basic, insulting way when you play on a team with English speakers. Even consciously knowing about the bad-apple theory, I still get frustrated and scream in all caps "LEARN ENGLISH, PEONS" from time to time. That isn't a solution at all, just a manifestation of frustration. It all comes down to playing a game made in America, on North American, English-native servers, and queueing up with multiple people who you have no ability to communicate with.

You are not the normal South American player, Lassx. Most players from South America speak no English and troll you the entire game. I even speak Spanish, and it's frustrating knowing that there's a communication barrier on my team in a game that rewards teamwork and punishes uncoordinated players so heavily.

Ultramerican

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
There is more to north america than the US
That's why so many great things come out of Mexico and Central America.

/rolls eyes

Don't make this a thread about your insecurities as a culture.

Pigasaurus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

I don't hate them, I only hate the bad ones that refuse to speak english, love to chase and feed, jump into a 3v1 in the jungle, etc...

IE I hate BR's.

12345612 ... 25