what makes ryze different from renekton and irelia?

1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaoculus

04-13-2011

ryze is a caster, while renekton and irelia are not. with this aside, they are exactly the same. Tanky dps. No sorry, let me correct that, ryze is a tanky nuclear bomb.

need nerf.

i suppose i should get a little more detailed.

characters like jax and vlad have been nerfed in the past solely because survivability and damage should always be a trade off. When your core items require that you buy survivability, while AT THE SAME TIME help you increase your damage, then how do you counter that? He has EVERYTHING. He has burst (Hardly dps... He can melt ranged ad carries even if they are carrying a banshees as long as he has half of his item build), survivablity, spammable cc, super laning power, and infinite supply of mana.

I remember laughing at ryze trailer. "LOLOL RYZE INITIATING." It honestly doesn't feel that much of a joke anymore.

NougetTime

04-13-2011

He needs a minor nerf, he really isn't too jacked unless it goes real late, and even then you can still focus him.

AceSkyheart

04-13-2011

lol, shhhhhh I like ryze and hes not overused or cried about. I don't want riot giving him the nerf hammer yet.....not through with him.

Bottleorum

04-13-2011

His early damage is still just as bananas as his late game. Assuming you play him in the right lane.

cougher0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoculus View Post
ryze is a caster, while renekton and irelia are not. with this aside, they are exactly the same. Tanky dps. No sorry, let me correct that, ryze is a tanky nuclear bomb.

need nerf.
His base stats arent what makes him tanky, just the item build.

Anomandar

04-13-2011

I just find that his Q ability is on way to short of a cool down. He is worse then Vlad in his hayday.

Shadowdxs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2011

Or Galio!

fatrend

04-13-2011

I wonder if people will ever realize that MR cripples him and if he has Frozen heart, maybe they should build some Arpen?

Teemo Kanye West

04-13-2011

meh he is countered pretty well in lane by anyone with a good harrass or some CC like Ashe, and while your team's carry isn't too effective against him he still drops pretty fast when more than one person focuses him.

Kaoculus

04-13-2011

champions like this have always been overpowered. on paper, it seems like a great concept -- mana for damage! But there are just too many mana items that lead to increased survivability. Jax and Vlad were both nerfed because survivability and damage should ALWAYS be a tradeoff. If you have both, you're honestly just blatantly overpowered.

Also, ryze is near impossible to lane against.

1234511 ... 18