One of my LoL videos got selected for Revenue sharing on Youtube.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zorlac

02-26-2010

Would I be allowed to do this?

What it would involve would be them putting ads on my video that people would see when they watch my video. After that i would get paid (a very small amount) for said ads. Which would in turn also be free advertising for League of Legends.

I'd like an official response if possible, I need to know whether to go ahead with the sharing, or to tell them i don't want to do it. I don't want you guys claiming copyright infringement later on, and my youtube account getting banned.

any help would be appreciated, and thank you ahead of time.

Zorlac

02-26-2010

Bumpity bumps. This is a very important matter to me, and I'd love some sort of reply.

Zorlac

02-27-2010

Bump again!

Calaminh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

Go ahead, Riot doesn't care.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

02-27-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I'm assuming there's a way to cancel this in the future?

It's not like you're taking any revenue from Riot, so I'd personally say go for it until they say otherwise. This is my totally unofficial in any sense of the word position, and obviously subject to being superseded by any Rioteer.

Zorlac

02-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
I'm assuming there's a way to cancel this in the future?

It's not like you're taking any revenue from Riot, so I'd personally say go for it until they say otherwise. This is my totally unofficial in any sense of the word position, and obviously subject to being superseded by any Rioteer.

yeah I'm pretty certain I can disable the revenue sharing at any time. you have to opt into the feature, which you can also opt out of.

Anyone from riot have a clear answer for me? As I've stated I dont' want later trouble from this.

hohums

Software Engineer

02-28-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Sure. We want people to get the word out about LOL. If you earn a profit while doing it good for you. (Note merchandise may be a different matter but I won't comment further on that).

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

02-28-2010

BAM! How about a link to the pretty video on the Tube?