Difference between top solo and mid solo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

reaver99

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallein View Post
Actually, it turns out taking down one tower too early can actually be detrimental. Without that tower, your lane tends to push way too far past the river, meaning that you can no longer stay in lane safely to last-hit and get XP.

This forces you to roam in cases where you might not be a strong roamer, as many champions aren't at low levels.
I would also say that duo mid is less viable than duo top because it's easier for the enemy team to defend mid, and harder for a duo team to zone out and deny the single laner because of the smaller lane. Unless you get the tower by 6, you've usually wasted a lot for very little return.
If you take down mid tower, you need good ward coverage if you want to farm but it also gives you jungle control (which the wards do double duty for) and makes top and bottom more vulnerable to your ganks (and if you successfully gank at this point you can take that tower).

If you're planning on just farming mid, you should do solo mid duo bot - the point of duo mid is to push that tower for map control and it doesn't help if your team isn't going to capitalize on it.

Asylumseeker

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDBOARDWARRIOR View Post
If the top lane is 2 on 1 in their favour stick someone up there who can shrug off harassment, like Cho or Shen.
Long range also works. I do very well 2v1 with morg, cass, sona due to being able to annihilate creep waves at long range.

reaver99

03-30-2011

I think people aren't realizing how valuable the map control you get from mid tower is. On this picture of SR, if mid is pushed to their second tower and you ward dragon (or baron) and blue, you basically own that entire half of their map. Not to mention that they can't push your mid at all without being in danger, your jungle is safe, and you can freely gank with 3 people (2 mid + jungler). The main problem is getting that mid tower down in the first place.

Asylumseeker

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaver99 View Post
I think people aren't realizing how valuable the map control you get from mid tower is. On this picture of SR, if mid is pushed to their second tower and you ward dragon (or baron) and blue, you basically own that entire half of their map. Not to mention that they can't push your mid at all without being in danger, your jungle is safe, and you can freely gank with 3 people (2 mid + jungler). The main problem is getting that mid tower down in the first place.
The issue with that is that it is much easier to take down top or bottom towers in my opinion. So say using that map the top purple tower has been taken out. They cant defend as you can come up behind them VERY easily from their own jungle with not much space to escape.

Take out the mid tower and you have 2 points to come up behind them. Both are very close to the tower so a quick flash and they are gone.