Olaf Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoreanCasper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
In most cases yes. Not pure tank but mostly tank, maybe a couple of well-balanced damage items (Ghostblade mostly comes to mind because of cooldown reduction and movement speed but also well-rounded stats).

In some games I build more AD when my team is having a hard time but I'm getting a lot of kills... in this case I might get an Infinity Edge if I'm gettin fed, but that usually happens when I'm jungling and getting lots of ganks. In most cases that should not be the main build.

You might swap something for a Starks if you got more than 1 AD player on your team... in that case the aura really helps and you can justify gettin a Starks.
It think my build will be more useful in team fights due to me having around 3.5khp with a lot of damage. even though absolutes build gives me a lot of hp to spam my reckless swing in team fights my passive will give me crazy attack speed and with starks lifesteal allowing me to spam reckless swing because of all the hp I have and can get back from attacking. And i can probably sell my dorans shield or something for more survivabilty and tankiness

Absolution13

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemenAndSwallow View Post
It think my build will be more useful in team fights due to me having around 3.5khp with a lot of damage. even though absolutes build gives me a lot of hp to spam my reckless swing in team fights my passive will give me crazy attack speed and with starks lifesteal allowing me to spam reckless swing because of all the hp I have and can get back from attacking. And i can probably sell my dorans shield or something for more survivabilty and tankiness
Cloth Armour > Shield since it can be upgraded and I'm going to warn you I never seen a AD/AS Olaf getting over 5.0 KDR :P

DrDragun

03-30-2011

Well I think all 3 of us are on the same page... we have about 4 out of the 6 items the same. Just a little debate over the last couple items. Try it out and see what u win with!

One option that is true for ANY melee in a bad game is to get PURE tank and 1 Bloodrazor. Always an option if your tank ragequits the game. It's rarely the best build but if your tank quits or just plain fails then Bloodrazor is the best DPS item by itself if you are going to use all 5 other slots for tank. This works on Warwick, Udyr, Trundle, even less obvious ones like Xin, Jax or Olaf. You become an unkillable bruiser just keep hitting them for %hp magic damage.

Absolution13

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
Well I think all 3 of us are on the same page... we have about 4 out of the 6 items the same. Just a little debate over the last couple items. Try it out and see what u win with!

One option that is true for ANY melee in a bad game is to get PURE tank and 1 Bloodrazor. Always an option if your tank ragequits the game. It's rarely the best build but if your tank quits or just plain fails then Bloodrazor is the best DPS item by itself if you are going to use all 5 other slots for tank. This works on Warwick, Udyr, Trundle, even less obvious ones like Xin, Jax or Olaf. You become an unkillable bruiser just keep hitting them for %hp magic damage.
As a WW user myself I go all AD and LS since W boost speed beyond imaginable since most of my items already comes with AS :P

But for Olaf he deals pure dmg carrying huge HP and slows with mallet :P

Trillo

03-30-2011

Get the frozen mallet, even if it is considered "soft" hp for the time being. You want the extra life because once you start hitting their carry/squishy for 340 true damage mid game (because you should be maxing RS if your laning), you will be focused. Remember Olaf gains attack speed as he takes damage, so armor isnt really needed until later game. You want to take damage, because once you find that sweet spot around 40% life, your wrecking face.

I use arP marks, mp5 seals, cdr/lvl glyphs and arP quints. Your Undertow is physical, so arP helps the damage.

1/21/8 (imp exhaust)
dorans shield
boots 1 + phage
emblem + merc treads
finish mallet
ghostblade
atmas if physical/banshees if casters
finish starks

The armor pen from marks, quints, your passive (ragnarok), ghostblade + starks is just under 100. your basic attacks are like true damage on carries/casters, and if they run your undertow hits them for 300+ ranged damage.