Olaf Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoreanCasper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

03-30-2011

I am almost summoner level 20. I have olaf and I really want to do well with him. I have saved up about 3150 ip for runes. Please reccommend runes for LANING and masteries for LANING as I find that jungling is boring and I suck at it. Please also reccomend an item build for olaf. Thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarisPiIton

Senior Member

03-30-2011

As much as this is probably gonne get voted down, I really urge you to try jungling. Once you get the hang of it (aka, the ganks and counter jungling), the fun really starts. If you say you prefer laning over jungling I think I can say that you simply don't have a good impression, yet.

Lanelaf isn't that good because your Axe is relatively easy to dodge and hard to throw (really, it's very annoying).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolution13

Senior Member

03-30-2011

ATK p/LVL MARKS Adds to over 68 at lvl 18 and you will be skill shot more or less its just for those bigger hits as Arm Pens are useless
Armour ZEALS extra armour early game towerdive helps
CDR GLYPHS you need for axe throw etc to constantly harass
HP Quints - Can be switched


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolution13

Senior Member

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarisPiIton View Post
As much as this is probably gonne get voted down, I really urge you to try jungling. Once you get the hang of it (aka, the ganks and counter jungling), the fun really starts. If you say you prefer laning over jungling I think I can say that you simply don't have a good impression, yet.

Lanelaf isn't that good because your Axe is relatively easy to dodge and hard to throw (really, it's very annoying).
Its skill shot depends how good you are it makes a difference so don't be saying its hard to throw


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoreanCasper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolution13 View Post
Its skill shot depends how good you are it makes a difference so don't be saying its hard to throw
skills shots will not be a problem for me. now what?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolution13

Senior Member

03-30-2011

Use the runes I gave you since you can aim those CDR will not be wasted whatsoever


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoreanCasper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolution13 View Post
Use the runes I gave you since you can aim those CDR will not be wasted whatsoever
what runes should i focus on buying first? because I currently only have 3150ip.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HookdOnChronics

Junior Member

03-30-2011

I tend to agree with absolution.
Though i like to go with flat damage Marks to give you that strong early game advantage.
flat cooldown glyphs and quintessences allow you to spam axe and your E.maxing these two skills out first really gives you great harass and burst.
Getting warmogs and frozen mallet make it so you can push insanely well while still getting decent dps with your W.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoreanCasper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

03-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookdOnChronics View Post
I tend to agree with absolution.
Though i like to go with flat damage Marks to give you that strong early game advantage.
flat cooldown glyphs and quintessences allow you to spam axe and your E.maxing these two skills out first really gives you great harass and burst.
Getting warmogs and frozen mallet make it so you can push insanely well while still getting decent dps with your W.
What would be a better choice going against more tanky champions?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolution13

Senior Member

03-30-2011

ATK p/LVL MARKS Adds to over 68 at lvl 18 and you will be skill shot more or less its just for those bigger hits as Arm Pens are useless
Armour ZEALS extra armour early game towerdive helps
CDR GLYPHS you need for axe throw etc to constantly harass
HP Quints - Can be switched

You will be the fastest lvled up since your a F&*( killer harass and will farm the other teams minion so lvl 18 will probably be you first therefore ATK /lvl is much better then early game damage Marks which will add to like 20 ish since you wont be rushing in early game unless you want 2 jungle gank