Why aren't the Champion's PASSIVE ABILITIES not with their INFO in the client?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Godunderscor

03-24-2011

Do it.

Vaurnbarn

Platform Engineer

03-25-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Yeah this bugs me too. I'm pushing to get it prioritized... which is to say: we care, but a fix is not coming in the next patch or two. This may be a somewhat complicated change because it requires upgrades to our release pipeline. But yeah we totally need to do this.

vvr

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaurnbarn View Post
Yeah this bugs me too. I'm pushing to get it prioritized... which is to say: we care, but a fix is not coming in the next patch or two. This may be a somewhat complicated change because it requires upgrades to our release pipeline. But yeah we totally need to do this.
upgrades?.. to just change the text and put one with the ratios (which you can copy and paste) and add a new button to click and show the passive?

i mean.. you dont even have to make it buttons, just a normal text would do it

Gunkuu

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvr View Post
upgrades?.. to just change the text and put one with the ratios (which you can copy and paste) and add a new button to click and show the passive?

Remember, this is Adobe Air they're dealing with here.

DeadRamza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2011

back at 2010 some red said to me that riot didn't had the rendering technology to do that without being an ugly piece of scrap...
well i bought that and i don't find it a huge problem since i can search for the champion's info or learn how to play with him against bots

EigenFace

03-25-2011

Quote:
Holy ****, something is wrong with your guys platform or process model or somethinggggg

gahhhhhh

SoftBlade

03-25-2011

Yeah that would be really nice!!!!

PoDragonSlayer

03-29-2011

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! Been waiting a long time for a red to respond.

Matrix Guardian

05-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darion Mograine View Post
The point here is, that's not how it should be. If they're really concerned with making a quality product, then they need to start with basic things.
I agree with this. To say that you can just google it to get the info you want just feels like...if I went to a department store and was looking at an item, and there wasn't a price tag on it, or was missing some other key information on it that would influence my decision to purchase it. So then I ask an employee about it and they say, "Why don't you just google it?"

So while it is true that I could easily google it and find out the information I want, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that I need to go somewhere else to find out about the product that I am currently looking at. Why put info about 4/5 of the abilities and not bother to include the 5th? If its "just for show" and isn't actually meant to give a whole lot of info, why go through all the trouble of listing any abilities? You could just say "Ashe shoots icy arrows. Cho'Gath eats guys." And then just leave it at that. Cause, you know, "you can just google it" if you want to know what they can do with their abilities.

While having the numbers and stats (like on the website) would be a nice bonus, at the very least, just mentioning what their passive ability is should be included in there.

Mufasa02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvr View Post

Actually they would have to rebuild the non-game UI, which is completely different from the patchs on the actual game, hell, these are even two completely unrelated departments. Sure, to code an additional button and put some text is actually pretty easy for them, but the actual addition of this code into the release is the real pain in the butt. Judging the lack of ANY updates on the actual UI from since I started playing this game, I think either they would actually require to make us download a MASSIVE patch just to fix a few typos and misinformations, or they don't even know a practical way of doing it AT ALL.

I had a similar problem doing the UI of a project in college, after I released the final version, my teacher asked where the "apply" button was on the options screen, as I had only implemented "OK" and "Cancel". That bs took almost a week in order to get running again, just for a simple stupid button!