How do you lower your leaver level?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xpsychedelico

03-02-2011

I don't think they notify you. As long as you are not leaving, you will be fine. Save your leaves for unexpected circumstance.

You should try and explain the game to your mother, that if you leave, you are affecting the game for 9 other people, and by wanting to reconnect, you are showing responsibility. If she is under the impression that all video games are bad, then you might want to not play altogether unless you can work something out with your mother.

For example, limit yourself to 2 games a day, and let your mother know when you are starting one and when it will likely end. As long as you make and keep promises, she'll understand that you are responsible and give you some time to play.

Additionally, doing well at school and ensuring you have all your homework done will greatly sway parents in your favor. So, decide to only play after you have completed your homework will help you as well.

Hiding your playing from your mother only hurts her trust in you, and she may become more authoritative in order to control your playing. Be open and talk to her about the game and why you enjoy it. Explain that you still see school as important and will not let the game affect your performance in school. These are all things that help build trust.

Toogeloo

Recruiter

03-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegabakon View Post
I'm not trying to test the limit, I'm just going to make sure that i can increase my games played to the point where my leaver level will drop. I just want to know because now i have to be more careful when i play lol, cuz my mom always shuts off my comp when she finds me playing and she wont let me reconnect.
It may be best to respect your parent's wishes or work out a compromise with them for play times. Just a suggestion.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegabakon View Post
I'm not trying to test the limit, I'm just going to make sure that i can increase my games played to the point where my leaver level will drop. I just want to know because now i have to be more careful when i play lol, cuz my mom always shuts off my comp when she finds me playing and she wont let me reconnect.
While you shouldn't be playing then anyway, if she catches you on the computer when you weren't supposed to be, don't complain and get off immediately, don't make her turn it off on her own. It may seem counter productive, but trust me it helps. Talk to her, and explain that you want to play a game that involves 9 other people, and you don't want to ruin there experience, so when can you play, or what do you need to do to be able to play games. If you tell her you're willing to cut out a bit of TV time, or do a few extra chores on occasion to make sure you can get a game in, she'll be more likely to let you play.

The biggest thing, talk to her _before_ you're in a situation where you need something. If you say, "This game sometimes takes longer than expected, so if the game runs long, can I finish it, but lose computer time for the next day?" Show willingness to compromise and initiative, and she'll be more likely to let you do more things.

Short story, I was in CAS ('honors' classes) in high school, we were able to 'get away with' more (ie walking through the halls during 'closed periods'), because the teachers and security guards knew we weren't likely to be doing anything disruptive. We weren't causing them a problem the rest of the time, so they were willing to let us do our own thing.

Sunhawk90

03-22-2011

So back to your actual question, instead of lectures on how to talk to your mom. I have 172 wins and i received leaver level 1 around leave 27/28. Im still not sure its entirely based on leave/win ratio, but also frequency of leaves. And before people start giving me lectures about leaving so many games, about 15 of those were from me lagging out of the game, another 5 were issues cause by the game itself and the rest were irl emergencies that were considerably more important than the game.

Centribo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-23-2011

Just stick to playing full games.

Zephalon

03-23-2011

i think about 10-15 non leaving games after a leave makes the leave no longer visible on post game summary... not sure though... need to check... earlier used to think it was 20....

Tekkness

03-23-2011

Im sorry for such an idiot question, but where can you see your leaver lever?

Wrenchman Golin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchmen

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkness View Post
Im sorry for such an idiot question, but where can you see your leaver lever?
I don't believe you can, you will just be notified when you reach a new leaver level. Just don't leave games please.

Tekkness

03-24-2011

And i have a question. If i have 8 lefts (witch i have) and i win games, does my leaver level lowers?

NemoVonUtopia

03-24-2011

I understand why the leaver system is there, but I am a bit conserned.

I know this is partly my fault, but real life things has been interrupting a couple of games. I am playing for fun and don't want to hurt my team, but I just got banned for a day because I put reality over the game. Any suggestions on how to deal with this?