RE: Queue-dodging penalties

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Milskidasith

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Not getting into exact numbers, but given that the forums have xx,xxx posts on active days, you can assume that creating a system that's TOO easy to report people might create a LOT of manual overhead. That being said, we DO have plans to create expanded reporting functionality (as I believe I've already said in this thread somewhere) regardlesss of the manual work it will create.
Good to know. Hopefully it will come before people leave the community because they have no way of getting "LOLIHATEINSERTRACEHERE" banned.

Quote:
Read up, already gave you one
Read up, I edited my post when I saw the reply. This thread moves too fast. :/

In short: Yes, Demigod had 5v5 matches and full auto matchmaking ranked matches, and met all of your other criteria (your leave rate was publicly displayed, I think, but besides that there was no actual penalty for leaving while queued or after being matched up.)

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

02-23-2010
11 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
And i'm higher Elo :P (unless you've gone up a few hundred points in the last month or so)
You're higher, but I'm still pretty high up there

Quote:
In short: Yes, Demigod had 5v5 matches and full auto matchmaking ranked matches, and met all of your other criteria (your leave rate was publicly displayed, I think, but besides that there was no actual penalty for leaving while queued or after being matched up.)
And doesn't have a massive leaver problem?. I have a feeling there's some piece of data missing from your holy grail here.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2010

Quote:
Not getting into exact numbers, but given that the forums have xx,xxx posts on active days
x,xxx of which are SlyGoat?!

The SHP

02-23-2010

Quote:
You're higher, but I'm still pretty high up there
ooh, are you higher than my smurf, 'they call me SHP'? I bet you are, that one hasn't gotten miserably high yet.

Tricolor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2010

what about people that doesnt pick a champ?

couldnt u make so that the guy that doesnt choose a champ by the end of the time get the q dodge penalty?

Pendragon

02-23-2010
12 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
ooh, are you higher than my smurf, 'they call me SHP'? I bet you are, that one hasn't gotten miserably high yet.
Way higher

The SHP

02-23-2010

Quote:
Way higher
hahahaha, i figured. Cool, that means if i keep winning i could face you on that account (rather than losing to drop my elo on my main to face you)

Milskidasith

02-23-2010

Quote:
And doesn't have a massive leaver problem?. I have a feeling there's some piece of data missing from your holy grail here.
I'm not sure, I haven't played in a while. From what I remembered though, no, most peoples leave rates were generally low (because they would be dodged outside of ranked matches for a high leave rate anyway), and the leavers in Demigod were no more of a problem than feeders/morons/cowardly players (the worst kind, because they go something like 3/1/2 in a game and think they did great when they just picked up a couple of easy ganks and never helped push) are in League of Legends.

Also, it seems odd that, when the original question simply stipulated I name a game that fit your criteria, you are now nitpicking on features not based on the criteria. I like LoL more, there's no doubt about that, but Demigod happens to exactly fit your criteria, even if it has it's own problems.

Also, as a snide response, about every FPS ever fits your criteria, but those aren't really in the same genre, nor competitive for random matching.

EDIT: Also, how long are your queue times, anyway? Maybe I just feel less affected by the leaver issue because I'm relatively low Elo and have queue times of anywhere from 40 seconds to three or four minutes; my record isn't amazing (hovering around +30 w/l)

Bloodba7h

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
what about people that doesnt pick a champ?

couldnt u make so that the guy that doesnt choose a champ by the end of the time get the q dodge penalty?

I actually was wondering this myself. What about people who don't pick a champion at all? Do they get some sort of penalty or are we forced to go with someone who doesn't have appropriate masteries/runes for their character and shows a blatant disregard for team synergy?

..and anyone complaining about Clarity Revive Mundo will shortly realize there will be less reason to do that. If those Mundo get into games then they will hate themselves for it just as much as you hate them (they waste just as much time as you). The "QUEUE DODGE ME!" people will shortly realize that their tactics just punish themselves.

Pendragon

02-23-2010
13 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Also, as a snide response, about every FPS ever fits your criteria, but those aren't really in the same genre, nor competitive for random matching.
FPS games don't really have 30 minute sessions.

Quote:
Also, it seems odd that, when the original question simply stipulated I name a game that fit your criteria, you are now nitpicking on features not based on the criteria. I like LoL more, there's no doubt about that, but Demigod happens to exactly fit your criteria, even if it has it's own problems.
To be fair, one of my criteria was "Players are happy with "

Quote:
EDIT: Also, how long are your queue times, anyway? Maybe I just feel less affected by the leaver issue because I'm relatively low Elo and have queue times of anywhere from 40 seconds to three or four minutes; my record isn't amazing (hovering around +30 w/l)
1-4 minutes