@Riot Report Unskilled Player?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avenger Summoner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

Perhaps this is for the upcoming Tribunal, Soon™?

Beatus

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger Summoner View Post
Perhaps this is for the upcoming Tribunal, soon(tm)?
For Soon™, you just have to press alt + 0153.

Karl the Pagan

PvP.net Engineer

03-18-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This discussion is encouraging. Please know that no one is banned automatically based on the Report A Player feature.

Villiroth

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl the Pagan View Post
This discussion is encouraging. Please know that no one is banned automatically based on the Report A Player feature.
First off let me say Im am EXTREMELY happy to see more red posts here, this part of the forums has been neglected far to long in favor of trolling misc.

Second, could you explain the reasoning behind the "unskilled" report?

Hyrulefiend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

I'll definitely have to agree with the fact that some of the new reporting schemes are really off. Don't get me wrong however, I really like how the new reporting system works and how divided it is. It brings a greater light (when reports are necessary) to what was going on without having to write out an entire paragraph explaining what was happening. I especially like the distinctions for intentional feeding, refusing to communicate, and spamming because those are never fun to deal with.

But when it comes to some of the other new ones (e.g. Unskilled Player and Negative Attitude), I really don't see why these are reasons for reporting. Yes I know that bans based on reports are not automatic, but these topics for reporting are so subjective that any player could be subject to report. Maybe they are communicating with their team but they are annoyed and it comes out in their messages. It doesn't hinder the game, but with the new system they could be subject to reports. It might not even be that bad either. Maybe they're trying out a new champion or a champion they aren't so great with. If they have a bad game they could be reported for being "unskilled." It seems so biased based on how the game is going. Lanemates and team communication usually play a larger part in the kill/death/assist ratios than actual skill (in my experience).

So If I had to make my point concise, I would say that the report options should be kept objective rather than the subjectivity of a report-happy player base.

adc

03-19-2011

No, there's a difference between an annoyed attitude and a negative attitude. I've played a few games where one of my teammates says 'this game is lost, i give up, blah blah blah' and just farms all game, when the game obviously isn't lost. That's a negative attitude.

Psyt

03-19-2011

Its a game. If they don't want peoples money then fine they can widdle their player base down to the elite few. This is the reason I can't get my fiancee to play and one of my friends left. The game is ruled by *******s that mercilessly heckle and call everyone every name in the book. Now Riots on board too? maybe for ranked but in normal I just want to have fun I shouldn't have to ask my friends to do homework on each champ to not be banned or heckled from every game.

Lumaca

03-20-2011

Hmmm... I thought that feature was kinda iffy too. I just returned from more than half a year absence and I was afraid the rust accumulated would get me reported or something.

YoEsLoli

03-20-2011

Or maybe it's for when you have people who are lvl 30 but suck so bad they should be lvl 1! Because I've had team mates that really did just feed and then drag me down into having a bad score with them. And there's no way you can report that, but now you can complain he needs to be dragged lower so he won't drag his team mates down.

ThunderZZZZ

03-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoEsLoli View Post
Or maybe it's for when you have people who are lvl 30 but suck so bad they should be lvl 1! Because I've had team mates that really did just feed and then drag me down into having a bad score with them. And there's no way you can report that, but now you can complain he needs to be dragged lower so he won't drag his team mates down.
I'm sure you have fed a lot of games and dragged down your whole team.

This applies to everyone no one is perfect and not every game is someones best game.

123456 ... 7