@ Morello; Gragas

First Riot Post
12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sovot

03-16-2011

Well, since you guys are nerfing his damage, why not change him around and turn him into a solid tank? He's pretty much got his foot in the door for it.

Change Body Slam to be more of a short range AoE knockup. When used, Gragas leaps into the air and slams down on the target location, causing his immense weight to knock nearby champions into the air. You could keep the original Body Slam and rename it, which would replace his Barrel Roll. It doesn't make much sense for Gragas to be tossing his keg in multiple abilities and have them do different things. Drunken Rage and Explosive Cask would remain the same.

Roll that all together, and you'll accomplish what you guys originally set out to do. Due to the removal of Barrel Roll, Gragas as an incredibly tanky caster wouldn't be much of an issue anymore. You also get the added effect of getting a new tank into the rotation, which helps to add some variety to the game.

Toss me your input on this if you can.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-16-2011
1 of 5 Riot Posts

I think Gragas is really underrated. I'm actually not sure why he's not popular when he's extremely good. Kind of like Morgana :x

TheInf3ctious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2011

I think that idea sound's fantastic. Sorta like Jarvan's javelin toss? He would jump onto the barrel exploding it doing a small intial amount and knocking up nearby champions? So it keeps the barrel toss "idea" and just kinda makes a Jarvan knockup but a bit different? I could definitely see that. I barely see Gragas anymore so that may help.

OhReeL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2011

Cause farming with morgana without pushing lane with tormented soil and with that horrible animation attack is like itching your ass even if it doesnt itch.

Kaoculus

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think Gragas is really underrated. I'm actually not sure why he's not popular when he's extremely good. Kind of like Morgana :x
so he got nerfed because... you think he is underrated?

what? lol......................................

Loafcat

03-16-2011

Quote:
Increase morgana's autoattack range/animation and I might give her a chance

Reep

03-16-2011

Quote:
Wait...

You nerfed something not based on community QQ?

IamATroll

03-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoculus View Post
so he got nerfed because... you think he is underrated?

what? lol......................................
They learned from the Eve fiasco.

Better to nerf something before the community realizes it's broken potential.

Sovot

03-16-2011

Quote:
I'm not sure why I don't see more of him to be honest. The only time I've seen him in the past two months is when I decided to play him.

Honestly, if you guys turned him into a proper tank, he'd probably see much more use; it's not like he's that far from being one anyway. Replace Barrel Roll with some sort of hard CC and bam, he's perfect tank material. Could even give him a taunt and call it Drunken Insult or something.

Although I'm not exactly complaining about his current status, as he's still extremely fun to play.

AchYm

03-16-2011

Quote:
If people see nerfs they immediately think the Champ will be worthless.

12345 ... 11