Alistar Thoughts

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asaldur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-12-2011

Now is harder to land headbutt with the stun being shorter

Ghostraider

03-12-2011

I'm interested whether his Trample signals call for help next to towers.

Luvcraft

03-12-2011

DON'T YOU ****ING DARE. Alistar is perfect right now.

Wisewind

03-14-2011

@ Guinsoo

Wanted to ask if you can slightly tweak Alistar's Ultimate so it gives him the armor and MR equivalent in the damage reduction added to his current stats similar to how Rammus's defensive curl raises his defensive stats during it's duration.

The reason why I ask is so it can have some synergy with Randuin's Omen active and allow for longer durations when cast during his Ultimate.

Diatomix

03-14-2011

I think hes fine where hes at, maybe scale back the mana costs for Q and W i find myself not putting more than 1 point each till about 14-18 due to mana problems.

BlackXIV

03-14-2011

Are you ever gonna release this rework?
Alistar is totally unpicked atm so this should be a priority...

shatteredperfect

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2011

i literally stopped reading at "nobody liked the removes aoe CC from unbreakable will"

how awful are you guys?

for most of us out there, we would kill for an ability like that.

enemy amu ults your team, allied alistar frees you all and you ace them...

seems... bad?

Ragamor

03-14-2011

I have said it before and will say it again, Alistar allready has usefull abilities, but is crippled by massive cooldowns and mobility issues (seing that most new champs fly around the map like superman on drugs).

The new passive and headbutt sounds nice, but Alistar is still going to /dance while in teamfights unless some of his core concepts are changed.

Icedflameoffire

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredperfect View Post
i literally stopped reading at "nobody liked the removes aoe CC from unbreakable will"

how awful are you guys?

for most of us out there, we would kill for an ability like that.

enemy amu ults your team, allied alistar frees you all and you ace them...

seems... bad?
and that's why nobody liked it

Guinsoo

Game Designer

03-14-2011
17 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisewind View Post
@ Guinsoo

Wanted to ask if you can slightly tweak Alistar's Ultimate so it gives him the armor and MR equivalent in the damage reduction added to his current stats similar to how Rammus's defensive curl raises his defensive stats during it's duration.

The reason why I ask is so it can have some synergy with Randuin's Omen active and allow for longer durations when cast during his Ultimate.
While I would prefer to make Alistar's ultimate give armor/MR instead of damage reduction (as that encourages more offensive builds - armor/MR are better than % damage reduction while you have low amounts, and worse than damage reduction when you have a lot of armor/MR), but we don't plan to do that.