@ RiotMarcou and/or Tamat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stormwake

03-09-2011

Since you two are the only ones i've ever seen respond to anything, im hoping one of you will be able to respond to this.

I've seen hundreds of threads about the problems with solo ranked MM, and made a few threads myself, and not a single response, or as to if there are plans to change it so it's an enjoyable, fair experience. Please, just tell us if you have any plans, possibly what they are, myself and many others just want to know that there is hope for having fun in solo que.

This is definitely a competitive topic, since solo ranked 5v5 is "ranked" after all and it's the way i like to compete in LoL, at least the way i would like to compete if the system was fixed. I can't be bothered to put together a team, manage and schedule times to play. Getting 5 people together to play enough to be competitive has always been a problem, even when i played WoW arena.

Stormwake

03-11-2011

Still wishing for a response

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

Follow RiotMarcou on Twitter

03-14-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey Stormware! Sorry that it took a while to see this. I've been at PAX this week and haven't been on the forums yet.

We're constantly reviewing the experience for our players in all modes including ranked. As the eSports Manager here at RIot, I obviously have a lot of interest/input into the mode.

I definitely think that we can make some adjustment to ranked to make it more competitive. I recommend that if you don't find as much of a challenge in ranked that you check out some of the online cups and league run by the ESL or other community run tournaments.

S Fate

03-14-2011

Last night I was teamed with a Twitch that thought I was bad :\

I was 4/3, he was 0/6 and kept calling me a bad feeder.

He told me I was a bad lane partner >_> as if he never knew that Kass wasn't a good lane champion at all...

So yeah, the matchmaking system needs to be revamped, I'm teamed up with people that have 150 wins and first thing they do when they hit 30 are rankeds, and no one has full rune pages but me. Met about 3 people that were just stuck in elo hell with me, and only times I get wins are with those people :\

Stormwake

03-14-2011

No problem RiotMarcou, im just happy for a response, thank you. It's not that i dont find it challenging sir, it's just that it's a little bit too challenging or a little bit too easy every game, if that makes sense. SO yeah, some balancing next season or patch or something would be awsome. Thanks again for the response. Once again this problem is Solo que 5v5 ranked only. I think 3v3 and 5v5 premade is fine.

jaMx

03-16-2011

I think it would be really nice to have a separate ban list and priority for ranked games compared to unranked games...it really hurts when 1 person leaves the game at the start and your entire team is penalized for it.

Stormwake

03-18-2011

I was thinking tonight and i thought of the perfect way to balance duo queing without removing it entirely.

If duo quer's were always facing another duo que that would be fairly equal. Whereas if you're queing solo you wouldnt get a full PuG and have the other team have a duo que against you making it unfair.

1 pair of duo quer's on your team means there's one on the other, 2 means there's 2 pair on each team. Just an idea i had and i hope riot see's this suggestion.