Riot Games Presents: A Double IP Weekend

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 21
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

02-17-2010
1 of 7 Riot Posts

Salutations, summoners!

Once again, the League of Legends community has shown their incredible ability to rise to the occasion. Despite being behind in the election not so long ago, we're now leading the MMOSite contest in the running for Best MMORTS of 2009 and Best New MMO of 2009. Maybe it's the spirit of the Winter Games, or maybe it's the fact that you've catapulted us to the front of another two Game of the Year polls, but we really feel like celebrating, and we hope that you do, too. That being said, without further ado, it is my pleasure to announce that this coming weekend, from Friday the 19th through the end of Sunday the 21st, Riot Games will be awarding double Influence Points for all games played. Oh, and if you have an active IP boost or are planning on purchasing one, not to worry. You'll still earn bonus IP from both your boost and the double IP weekend. You've all earned it, and we hope that you will celebrate with us this weekend by spending a lot of time out there on the Field of Justice.

That being said, while you're waiting for that next queue to pop, please don't forget to take a moment to show your continued support for League of Legends. President Abraham Lincoln once said: The ballot is stronger than the bullet, which is no small proclamation despite the fact that he never had to spend a game staring down the barrel of a solo-mid Tristana. There's still time to cast those important votes, so let's make that we stay ahead. Keep up the voting!

Best MMORTS
Best New MMO
Best Gameplay

-----------------------------------

Q&A:

Q: Will I see a boost in my inventory or in the End of Game screen?
A: Nope. You will just get twice the amount of IP you normally do, but were not adding a boost to your inventory to allow you to still buy boosts (at 20% off) or use ones in your inventory.

Q: Why doesnt my boost say its +400% if Im getting quadruple IP?
A: The boost doubles the amount of IP you get, so we labeled it as a 200% boost. Because the base rate of IP is now doubled, youre getting 400% of your normal IP when you play with a boost, but we kept the boost name at 200% to avoid confusion since it doubles your IP gain.

UPDATE: This event has ended.

Oscar Mayer

02-17-2010

First

Bananers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-17-2010

holy ****.

Jozen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-17-2010

Your javascript appears to be a bit broken as it is appearing in plaintext.

Other than that, awesome!

x OZ x

02-17-2010

so if I`ll buy an IP boost this weekend I`ll get 300 ip x victory?

2 Vaynez

Recruiter

02-17-2010

Sweet, Congrats Riot!

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

02-17-2010
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozen View Post
Your javascript appears to be a bit broken as it is appearing in plaintext.

Other than that, awesome!
Yeah, that was a less than successful trip to the clipboard. =/

DontMashMe

02-17-2010

Yes, thanks Riot!

hfok

Recruiter

02-17-2010

I wonder when will this vote end

Admonished

02-17-2010

If only he had a ballot to counter Mr. Booth that evening in the theater.

1234511 ... 21