Shaco guide by a 1700+ player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViSiOnInG

03-10-2011

its.... not good lmao. Boxes dont do enough dmg to ANYONE who builds MR. unless you get really fed and stack a soulstealer you wont be doing enough... It's easy to just say a bunch of items that will work, but how can you farm that much? and even then it doesnt scale well enough. wasting 3.8K on madreds is a huge hit to your AP dmg potential.

IF I do go AP shaco(just to mess around)
you build
sorc boots
mejai's
deathcap
deathfire
void staff.

hydrogencar

03-10-2011

Looks decent.
I like Wriggels Infinity more then Wriggels Madreds though.
I also prefer Exhaust over Ghost but that's just preference. Decent guide!

EpicMadness

03-10-2011

it doesnt circle around boxes, it circles around hiv or lichbane when you use your Q and its a hybrid build that leans more to ap and you need a gunblade to keep yourself alive =) lifesteal+spellvamp with lots of ap

ViSiOnInG

03-10-2011

thanks man,
IE is a very expensive item for a jungler to buy that contains a really big item (BF sword), if you think about it just a little bit more gold than a BF sword, you can get recurve bow and pickaxe. IE also doesnt give any attack speed. I find that bloodrazor gives enough dmg and attack speed and allows you to start building survivability faster, which shaco really needs in the later stages of the game.

TBH I would never take exhaust over ghost... If you need to catch up to/slow someone, isnt it better to have a movespeed boost for a longer time, than slow your enemy for 2.5 seconds. also, when you are jungling you will have red buff, which already gives you a slow(plus your shiv passive). Ghost is really important for early ganks and late game juking.

EpicMadness

03-10-2011

for any ap type that auto attacks, gunblade is a must.
because it is the only AP item that has lifesteal and spellvamp in one with alot of AD and a free extra slow to top it off. something like if shiv isnt enough, gunblade!

gunblade------vs------bloodthirst
AD 60-------------------AD 60 + 40(stacked)
AP 75-------------------AP 0
Lifesteal 20%---------Lifesteal 15% + 10%(stacked)
Spellvamp 20%------Spellvamp 0%
Active:Slow-----------Active: N/A

price:3190-------------price:3200

gunblade is more versatile, as it builds by fragments =)

Edit: gunblade doesnt break invis mind you =) i`ve done it with eve, i gunblade when i cant chase or i`m being chased while i`m invi and it doesnt break, i thought it would break and my gunblade would stun but meh xD longrange stun rocks but it doesnt work.
Edit2:i only use bloodthirst when spellvamp and ap is utterly useless, something like on olaf or or tyrndamere or or MF(tho she could use the AP)

hydrogencar

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViSiOnInG View Post
thanks man,
IE is a very expensive item for a jungler to buy that contains a really big item (BF sword), if you think about it just a little bit more gold than a BF sword, you can get recurve bow and pickaxe. IE also doesnt give any attack speed. I find that bloodrazor gives enough dmg and attack speed and allows you to start building survivability faster, which shaco really needs in the later stages of the game.

TBH I would never take exhaust over ghost... If you need to catch up to/slow someone, isnt it better to have a movespeed boost for a longer time, than slow your enemy for 2.5 seconds. also, when you are jungling you will have red buff, which already gives you a slow(plus your shiv passive). Ghost is really important for early ganks and late game juking.
Yeah obv ghost is awesome, I like exhaust more for early ganks though. Imagine the enemy Ashe you go gank mid, she flashes, she's safe, you go away. 10 secs later you go in again and exhaust/kill her. With ghost it's not gonna work if she's near turret.

I take Infinity Edge cause I don't feel I do a lot of SUSTAINED dmg in teamfights (it starts being better then Infinity after a few auto attacks, and if they let you throw more then 5 auto attacks without focusing you, you are playing against nubs). That's why I pretty much ignore the attack speed part, I like decieving in teamfights, taking 30-50% of enemy carry HP and then just exhaust rape him with auto attacks. OR if I get focused, run away, decieve back in and throw a HUGE CRIT again.

I really like the dmg push on decieve. I also get Sunfire/Banshees (HP) after Wriggels Infinity and at the end I get Atmas. The crit from Atmas and the 20% from Infinity is insane late game.

Edit: I wanna make sure you get this right, I like your build as well and it's good and it's effective. There's NOTHING wrong about that, I just do it differentely and showing people another option. ^_^

ViSiOnInG

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicMadness View Post
it doesnt circle around boxes, it circles around hiv or lichbane when you use your Q and its a hybrid build that leans more to ap and you need a gunblade to keep yourself alive =) lifesteal+spellvamp with lots of ap
- -; ..... If you are not playing AP shaco for box traps, then every single other mage is better to have... thats the only fun part of AP shaco... If you are gonna play shaco AP and just play him like a mage, then you might as well play Kassadin or Akali or LeBlanc :S...

idunno Any AP shaco build is pretty unviable tho lawl.

EpicMadness

03-10-2011

my point is, you start with an AP shaco, and lategame it becomes a hybrid shaco, so lvl1-11 you`ll be a box type, after that, you start autoattacking, while those other shacos that purely go ap from 1-18 they become almost useless at lategame right? this hybrid shaco still owns imho.

ViSiOnInG

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrogencar View Post
Yeah obv ghost is awesome, I like exhaust more for early ganks though. Imagine the enemy Ashe you go gank mid, she flashes, she's safe, you go away. 10 secs later you go in again and exhaust/kill her. With ghost it's not gonna work if she's near turret.

I take Infinity Edge cause I don't feel I do a lot of SUSTAINED dmg in teamfights (it starts being better then Infinity after a few auto attacks, and if they let you throw more then 5 auto attacks without focusing you, you are playing against nubs). That's why I pretty much ignore the attack speed part, I like decieving in teamfights, taking 30-50% of enemy carry HP and then just exhaust rape him with auto attacks. OR if I get focused, run away, decieve back in and throw a HUGE CRIT again.

I really like the dmg push on decieve. I also get Sunfire/Banshees (HP) after Wriggels Infinity and at the end I get Atmas. The crit from Atmas and the 20% from Infinity is insane late game.
Every item build/ skill order comes down to preference really, as long as what you are doing makes sense. yes IE can be good when you max deceive 2nd. But i choose to keep deceive at level 1 because JiTB's rape so hard. But yes it is fun to get sheen and IE and Deceive people for 70% HP, but thats when you are fed as **** and I just troll build **** rofls.
but yeah I already explained why i think madreds bloodrazor is better. passive works with clone, kills baron, kills tanks/squishies. cheaper, etc etc.

But really your points are very contradicting lol.... o well ^^

hydrogencar

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViSiOnInG View Post
, kills squishies.
Infinity kills squishies faster trust me.
Madreds kills tanks faster.
The 4% hp dmg and attack speed are absolutely redundant when going on a squishy.
They get important on Baron + Tanks.

And Infinity + Decieve takes 40-50% of an enemy squishy (example: Ashe with Shoes, Infinity, Black Cleaver mid game).
Where am I contradicting myself?