Cant play on my laptop either

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightRiderJ

08-24-2009

Okay, after several attempts and no good at getting this to at least get to the updates on my desktop http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=6341

I went to my laptop, Yes, it has onboard memory, but it's a very good laptop, Im able to run games like FEAR without problems besides setting stuff to low.
on my laptop it goes through the updates, I get to the launcher, everything works fine, till it's time to start a game, the latency is good, but once the map is loaded, the screen is fixed at the first frame.
then I alt+tab and go back just to get 1-2 seconds of frames just to freeze again, the FPS in the right corner ranges from 06 to 18
sometimes all the screen goes black, if I want to go to the menus I must alt+tab and go back every time I select something till it's unable to run, I set everything on the lowest and I go through the same problem.
I updated the VGA graphics and no good(it stills says I need to update my graphics drivers).
the graphic chipset is a GeForce Go 6150
I dont know if it's the current patch, but Im seriously afraid I wont be able to run this game at all.
I hope to get some help

and as an additional comment, I would like to suggest maybe be able to have lower tech specs and be able to manipulate them from the pvp.net, since it's a pain to fiddle around these options till you're in the game.

Thanks for your time and attention
Cheers!

omnibus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-24-2009

Besides the alt-tabbing I get the exact same fps stuff as u, and I also have a laptop!....with all the settings on LOW! (resolution too)

My loading time for the map is also a lot longer than everyone elses....

Please fix this with a patch soon Riot!!

Mr Tibbers

08-24-2009

I play LoL on my laptop exclusively, and it's a sucky one (to me). I have had none of these problems, though the loading screen for the map does tell me to update my graphics driver. =.=

NightRiderJ

08-24-2009

On an additional note, I did turned off anti-aliasing and no good.

I hope riot takes in consideration us the low-spec pc owners.
specially taking on count gamestop's requirements (which both of my computers are far superior) there could be several disappointed people who buy this game from gamestop later on x_X

gruof01

08-24-2009

What kind of processor does your laptop have? If it is an AMD dual core processor please make sure you have the latest dual core optimizer program installed.

If not, please try and attach a DxDiag report to this thread and we can take a look.

hohums

Software Engineer

08-24-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I think the update to latest graphics drivers may be bugged for some laptops. Its good advice thought .

NightRiderJ

08-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruof01 View Post
What kind of processor does your laptop have? If it is an AMD dual core processor please make sure you have the latest dual core optimizer program installed.

If not, please try and attach a DxDiag report to this thread and we can take a look.
yes sir, it's an AMD dual core, where can I find this dual core optimizer program?
Thanks for your response.

gruof01

08-24-2009

I think this is the right link:

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dyna...42f&ItemID=153

NightRiderJ

08-25-2009

allright, I will try it tomorrow, thank you.