@ Riot how does Tiamat Work

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GM Bushido Brown

03-02-2011

how Does tiamat work? i think it works one of two ways.
1.Base damage halved and added to the total damage of the attack. So lets say base damage is 100 with this way you would get your 100 damage +50 from tiamat then all bonus damage added not augmented by tiamat.

2.Or is it total damage, bonus damage /sheen/skill damage e.t.c halved and added to that attack. So lets say u get 100 damage from your AD 200 from a skill 200 from sheen you would get 500+ 50% so 750 damage total.

would love some insight on how it works.

also the bonus damage splash applies to your target right?

xOYQyuqpZHcxpDk2

03-02-2011

You buy it, then you end up with a useless item and wonder how you ended the game 1-19-3.

also its simply just 33% of total attack damage (the number you see)

OdinX1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2011

Tiamat stacking malphite FOTM inc, Watch out.

Fenomenom

03-02-2011

Tiamat doesn't work on skills that don't apply on hit effects, the splash damage isnt applied to the main target, its 100% of your AD on your main target and 50% dealt to targets in an aoe. It does stack with sheen/parlay/ rightous fury etc.

Nekrotik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2011

I'm pretty sure it splits the damage of that specific attack.

I figure this because on Nasus, Tiamat splashes the big damage when you activate Q. I imagine it's the same for Sheens and other, on-next-attack damage augmentors.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

03-02-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

It works with Wriggle's procs, so I'm petty sure it splashes everything that you would lifesteal from. So, crits and wriggles, but not bloodrazor. Sheen probably splashes as well.

Tiamat doesn't affect the initial target, just the others, so for example:

100 base damage, sheen (100), +300 AD from items, and a crit (100+300=400), you would splash a % of 900 damage to surrounding targets.

Not 100% sure but I'm pretty confident.

OdinX1

03-02-2011

Sounds about right but im also sure that they get reduction from armor and whatnot to the splash from the main attack as well.

Vulking

03-02-2011

To bad it doesn't work on Poppy's Q, that would help her farming speed a lot.

Raise Your Johns

03-02-2011

One interesting thing about tiamat is that the passive stacks...so you can say eventually splash more than you would hit normally. Really fun to do in custom games. clear out a whole wave in one auto attack.

PsychoSim

03-02-2011

So... Phreak, have you tried this with Lux's passive? Would prove to be extremely interesting. If it doesn't work... do you feel such a thing would be too strong in team fight situations?