@Riot: Awareness for the new crash

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Legatø

03-01-2011

I've been playing this game well over a year now, I've never had ANY problems as far as crashes go. I've never had problems with the client, the game, nothing. I do not use custom content.

Fast forward to this patch, I (as well as several other people) can no longer connect to games in normal. Please look into this as soon as you can (and maybe delete the leave now on my account).

Thanks.

(This has been posted in support)

- http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=551858

Legatø

03-01-2011

bump for awareness

and here's my logs..

Nix725

03-01-2011

I also crash and get the bugsplat when I am about to load into a game after champion select.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

03-01-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Our automated crash tool has been collecting information on these and we are actively working on resolving it now. We will update you when we have more information. Thank you for your posts!

Nix725

03-01-2011

I figured it out! It is logitech headsets. Once I unplugged my G35 the game worked perfectly.

Spurious

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix725 View Post
I figured it out! It is logitech headsets. Once I unplugged my G35 the game worked perfectly.
That does fix it for me. LoL has never had a problem with my headset before though. The latest version of Skype mentioned something about the G35 and I updated it this morning. Maybe some sort of incompatibility?

ZeeRow

03-01-2011

I'm using a G35 and not having any problems.

Spurious

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurious View Post
That does fix it for me. LoL has never had a problem with my headset before though. The latest version of Skype mentioned something about the G35 and I updated it this morning. Maybe some sort of incompatibility?
I just downgraded my Skype and tried to run LoL without Skype installed, same issue, only works if the headset is unplugged.

nlts

03-01-2011

I have a G35 (if that matters) and can only get into games when I launch the client as admin (right click -> Run as Administrator). Also, my game has no sound. I have checked every setting inside and outside of the game and everything looks normal but I get no game audio.

Legatø

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
Our automated crash tool has been collecting information on these and we are actively working on resolving it now. We will update you when we have more information. Thank you for your posts!
An update for you Lima, by setting the League executable to compatibility for Windows XP SP 3, this does solve the issue (and as it seems, for some other people as well).

Hopefully this helps you track down the bug.

(Also, I do own a G35 headset as well. I didn't try removing it because the compatibility tick for SP3 temp-fixed the issue.)