[Suggestion] Make Purple & Blue team EVEN!

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icybladez

Member

02-28-2011

I agree with this. I love Kog'Maw but quit playing him because I just can't land my ult when i'm on purple side during laning. It just shouldn't feel like an advantage being on blue side for anyone. I thought if possible, rotate the map to be horizontal. I wouldn't know how hard it would be to do this but would be greatly appreciated. As far as unlocking the camera, I can't. I personally can't play while having to control the camera.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pythonline

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWilliam View Post
Good to hear it's not just me thinking this, I was thinking I can't be only one who's noticed this because the amount of detail people go into over champions and items.


That seems like the most plausible fix, Just gave the rotating screen as a option who knows what will be easier for riot to make as long as it gets fixed :P.
A rotating screen sounds easy, but it's a whole lot more difficult than you would think.

LoL is a 2D game, a rotating camera requires a 3D game.

What's the difference?

Right now champions are essentially flat entities, their skeletons and skins only extend as far as the camera can see. making the game 3D would mean that everything would have to be completely re-made, a lot of work, especially considering we get a new champ every 2 weeks.

I would assume that doing a cross axis mirror would be the easiest way to do this, but I really don't know how easy/feasible that would be.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lim3s

Member

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickbaby View Post
unlocking the camera is the best way to counteract this... however, i have a much harder time landing skillshots with the camera unlocked... this is my issue though, not the games.
There goes your argument.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuryaka

Senior Member

03-01-2011

I play kog as well, and work around the awkward viewpoint. I generally either mid or lane top if on purple, mainly because I'm used to said lanes. However, I am also used to unlocking and dragging the camera because of Living Artillery spam, so it doesn't matter that much. On the other hand... blue seems to be winning more in my experience.
Not saying that it's not an issue, just not impossible to deal with. I agree with the axis mirror idea, but it would be complicated. The jungles are not symmetrical in layout.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WWWilliam

Senior Member

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonline View Post
A rotating screen sounds easy, but it's a whole lot more difficult than you would think.

LoL is a 2D game, a rotating camera requires a 3D game.

What's the difference?

Right now champions are essentially flat entities, their skeletons and skins only extend as far as the camera can see. making the game 3D would mean that everything would have to be completely re-made, a lot of work, especially considering we get a new champ every 2 weeks.

I would assume that doing a cross axis mirror would be the easiest way to do this, but I really don't know how easy/feasible that would be.
Yea I understand you, Guess the rotating screen is out of question then? Thought I would put it out there because I have no clue how hard it would be for a "cross axis mirror" because I don't know riot coding possibility's or server capability's or how hard actually doing it would be but I hope it's possible. (If not there is always the 3rd "easy" option add more zoom because zoom is already in the game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuryaka View Post
I play kog as well, and work around the awkward viewpoint. I generally either mid or lane top if on purple, mainly because I'm used to said lanes. However, I am also used to unlocking and dragging the camera because of Living Artillery spam, so it doesn't matter that much. On the other hand... blue seems to be winning more in my experience.
Not saying that it's not an issue, just not impossible to deal with. I agree with the axis mirror idea, but it would be complicated. The jungles are not symmetrical in layout.
Even though it might be possible to deal with, There shouldn't be something extra to deal with because the team you where randomly chosen to be put on.

I agree Mid lane is best for purple because you can use the bottom left corner is usable hole way though the lane.
-But I prefer Bot over Top, Because your most at a disadvantage in vertical parts of the lane so at Bot if you push past your towers you don't have to worry anymore, only while defending you towers it's a problem.
-At Top your alright Tower hugging but when you wanna push or use the bushes at top you cannot see where your going or what you doing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilentSir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-01-2011

I recommend unlocking the camera.... it's something you NEED to get used to to get better. Being able to move the camera allows you to see longer range shots. Believe me. the faster you get beyond Camera the better.

It's not like chess where one side has a small advantage due to first move =P this is just overcome by something you'll do eventually.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trickbaby

Senior Member

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lim3s View Post
There goes your argument.
I wasn't arguing anything... simply stating my experiences with OP's topic.

In any case, having more camera options would be nice, especially something closer to a birds-eye view.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pythonline

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-01-2011

Oh,

I should mention, I read somewhere that the purple team has a slight Elo advantage over the blue team to help compensate for the camera issue


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arosemena

Member

03-01-2011

i have this problem too, i use karthus with a locked camera and being purple is hard, i tough of a solution in case that rotating isnt possible, give us the option to move the interface to the top, that would solve it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iM TeHCno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-01-2011

I agree completely. It is actually a HUGE disadvantage. When I first started playing I refused to go top if I spawned purple because I hated the fact that my HUD would hide the tower, didn't yet have spacing down very well and I'd often harass only to eat a tower shot.


123456 ... 11