Bot selection could be improved (Nitpicking)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Effulgent

08-22-2009

Simply stated, I feel that for american users or people who read from left to right having to select the right option (bot hero) before the leftmost option (skill level) seems very unintuitive.

Volibar

Senior Product Manager

Follow Volibar on Twitter

08-24-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I would say the biggest problem with this is that the difficulty resets when you pick a champion, which sucks! Someone's doing a fix for this in our current sprint, as I hate this lol.

Thanks for the feedback - keep it coming (even the smallest points).

Wires

08-28-2009

When my brother got into Beta and I was explaining to him how to start a practice game, this confused him. He didn't know he was even choosing the computer. He thought he was choosing his own character. It should be more specific that you are choosing the computer AI.

Another reason was that if you do a 1v1 game you can still chose a computer for your own team, but it won't be there since you are the only player on the team. This is confusing. Why are you choosing an AI if when you start the game it won't even be there anymore.

Just A Puppy

08-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
I would say the biggest problem with this is that the difficulty resets when you pick a champion, which sucks! Someone's doing a fix for this in our current sprint, as I hate this lol.

Thanks for the feedback - keep it coming (even the smallest points).
Id like it to be easier as well.

Also ... what would make it even easier would be to be able to save your bot selections or something to make it faster to set up a bot game. Right now its just painful to set up.

On a positive note I like that we can check stuff out in a relaxed atmosphere. Hoping that eventually all bots will be choose-able as team mates and opponents.

------------

The bot lane-ing AI seems pretty good/ I wonder if it would be possible to code a mid game AI where bots team up to gank etc?

LD