Riot Games is Hiring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AckNun

02-28-2011

I would love to work for Riot. Only problem is the whole me being on east coast lol. Is relocation an option for those that get hired?

AckNun

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnd2013 View Post
I wish I didn't live on the other side of the country... NYC has nothing to do with video games -.-
that's not true, there are game companies in NY just like there are for me in MA. but you and I are in the same boat we're on the east coast

But Pax East is soon so I look forward to seeing Riot there whoever is going anyways from the company

Takenuma

02-28-2011

Which one works on the Tribunal?

bluemax

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaira View Post
might help if u like u know give a salary threshold. competitive doesn't say much. i might be interested but moving to america for a "competitive" salary doesnt really tip the balance in ur favor.
If you're a Game Developer in Southern California *ANY* salary is competitive at this point.

In my experience games studios do not give out salary levels for positions and in general salary is largely based on experience level (and not necessarily merit unfortunately).

I, and I'm sure Riot, would assume that any serious candidate would be familiar with industry standards for the position they are applying for.

Idzuna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2011

Application sent! o/

AckNun

02-28-2011

I have an idea for programmers and QA since I've read and heard about those. Rest no clue but you can probably google average paying salary. Only thing missing I think from a site that has a list was CMs(Community Managers).

Ashaira

Adjudicator

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
If you're a Game Developer in Southern California *ANY* salary is competitive at this point.

In my experience games studios do not give out salary levels for positions and in general salary is largely based on experience level (and not necessarily merit unfortunately).

I, and I'm sure Riot, would assume that any serious candidate would be familiar with industry standards for the position they are applying for.
yeah um tell that to a uni graduate who although might be very good hasnt work yet and thus does not know how much his talents and skills are worth because noone ever gives numbers. plus i said a threshold. as in NOT the exact number.

Boras Legs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2011

You guys are so close, and I'd like to work there, but I wouldn't know what to apply for or if I'm even qualified.

Tricolor

02-28-2011

soon

AckNun

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph15h View Post
You guys are so close, and I'd like to work there, but I wouldn't know what to apply for or if I'm even qualified.
Just apply for something you think you have an interest in or something you think you have the skillsets for. I'm sure the hiring coordinators for Riot could point you to a position that best suits your skillset. Well least how I would go about things if your qualify for something well that's needed to be filled.