[ON HOLD] Making your character compatible with official RP events.

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

02-26-2011

Hey guys, we are currently canceling this while we remake the system. We should have it up in a day or two.

We'll also have the new RP event 1.4 soon as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we want to make sure the system is good enough to have solid RP and solid roles.

-Lore Forums Team

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

02-26-2011

faq
-----

Q: I really want to customize my character to have unique powers, but the power I want (example: Gravity) is not on the list. How can I customize my character?

A: Simply add it to the list as Magic: Gravity (Rank X) and it will count as that type of power. This also applies to anything you want to be good at... you can have Knowledge: Fishing if you want...!

Q: This totally nerfs my character for other RPs... wtf...?

A: You can choose not to use this system for any freeform rps you do outside of the official events. This is mostly only for official events, but you can use it if you wish for non-official ones.

Q: I can't view anything on the profile site.

A: Register an account and log-in.

Q: What are these going to be used for?

A: They'll be used for checks in which the DM needs to determine your character's knowledge or success rate at a specific task. Say you encounter a new artifact in your travels... based on how ancient/unique the artifact is, we will look at your combination of skills to determine if you have a probable chance of being able to discover something new. Combat skills will be used when attacks clash, or how effective your attack works.

Lu Caos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2011

A few common questions I have been asked

Is advancement possible?

Is advancement done through 1 level at a time then spending the points or is it done via "Your character is now 1 rank higher in this skill." sort of way?

K D Bonez

02-26-2011

^^More:

Would you put ranks into "Knowledge" like understanding of the Landscape/Region and things like "Combat Ability: Swordsmanship"?

A Rank 4 would be obtained if say your a Pyro Mage, and you happened to find a Grimore with a deadly fire spell in it, correct?

Would you classify a Skill Set (Necromancy, Pyromancy, etc) or individual spells (Pyro Blast, Lightning Bolt, Dread Chains)?

Fulgr1m

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2011

Ohhhh this is to legit, I'm gonna have fuuuuuuuuuun with this! Expect my e-mail later tonight!

Ark Angel HFB

02-26-2011

You might want to consider a more full list of thing that need to be lvl'd before people pick a special thing.... 25-35 point is still a hell of a lot and can make for some massively op-RP if you let people just spend it on what ever they want... might be fun to give a few limits for us to work with... ^_^...

On that note... this sounds great... really really great and I completely look forward to this...

Love me some spreadsheet.

Hotarukin

02-26-2011

I enjoyed transfering my characters, although I'm a touch worried I made them 'underpowered' for the quest we're on. We'll see!

also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu Caos View Post
A few common questions I have been asked

Is advancement possible?

Is advancement done through 1 level at a time then spending the points or is it done via "Your character is now 1 rank higher in this skill." sort of way?
The answer is "Of course" I think. It would be silly to think that Tobias getting tutelage from the best doctor in all of Valoran -wouldn't- advance in some way, but I wouldn't expect it to be like DnD where you put points into tumble when you hit level 2, despite not having a reason to have jumped in years.

TheMagister

02-26-2011

I support this endeavor/refinement and I for one welcome our new spreadsheet overlords.

Questions:
What's with the * in-front of void?
Can you provide a finished example of what you would like sent in?

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

02-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagister View Post
I support this endeavor/refinement and I for one welcome our new spreadsheet overlords.

Questions:
What's with the * in-front of void?
Can you provide a finished example of what you would like sent in?
I'll make a few soon.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

02-26-2011
1 of 7 Riot Posts

I am FeralPony and I approve this message.

1234511 ... 12